• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro Plan $50 vs $60

nootrak4

Apr 12, 2011
Please can some one explain to me the difference between the $50 and the $60. The only thing i see here is additional data usage and the On0demand things, what do they mean by Additional data usage.

I know that they do packet inspection and all and deep packet inspection, but this would take a large amount of resources on there end. i thought they are all unlimited. I mean the On-Demand is cool if you are a security guard, you have nothing better to do then watch TV or read.

PLEASE I NEED MORE THEN THE OBVIOUS. for all the Cpt OBVIOU's out there.

Please can some one explain to me the difference between the $50 and the $60. The only thing i see here is additional data usage and the On0demand things, what do they mean by Additional data usage.

I know that they do packet inspection and all and deep packet inspection, but this would take a large amount of resources on there end. i thought they are all unlimited. I mean the On-Demand is cool if you are a security guard, you have nothing better to do then watch TV or read.

PLEASE I NEED MORE THEN THE OBVIOUS. for all the Cpt OBVIOU's out there.

The 50 plan is going to give you unlimited youtube and 1 GB of data, so anything you use such as Pandora or anything that uses your data will count towards that one gig.

The 60 plan is going to give you unlimited data, so you can stream and download all you want, it also includes MetroStudio, which is tv shows and things like that but it will only work on wifi or 4G.

Hope that clears it up for you!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry about it until someone hacks/creates a new ROM for the Indulge to allow tethering. Until it won't make a difference because everything is compressed to be viewable on your phone, meaning the files are potentially much smaller, yeah?

there is already tethering with the wifi tether app.

______

Upvote 0
Yah i have used tethering to download contract onto my iPad and that meter is at 0. I think that was just put there, so they can justifying making Users pay more money. Most of the internet is neutral and if metro start to make them-self a name for actually controlling and making packages based on usage this will not roll too well for them as they are Number 5 and cant really afford the NEGATIVE press this will bring on them. Cant wait for the FCC to pass this rules i they do they will have to either take off the youtube crap they put on there and make a little* and warn you that you are not limited. I think is just a way for them to say hey pay us more.

Upvote 0
I find it funny how their commercials say "Unlimit Yourself" $40/month. Yet the plans are limited, like the limited data.

Should it not all truly be unlimited and higher priced plans include more unlimited features than the plan below it.

Also I find it strange how most of metroPCS's extra features that they charge extra for are included in pretty much all plans for all other carriers at no extra charge. So I get unlimited phone calls, but I cant forward calls to another number without paying $5.
Thats like saying you get unlimited data, but must pay extra to visit your favorite website.

Upvote 0
I find it funny how their commercials say "Unlimit Yourself" $40/month. Yet the plans are limited, like the limited data.

Should it not all truly be unlimited and higher priced plans include more unlimited features than the plan below it.

Also I find it strange how most of metroPCS's extra features that they charge extra for are included in pretty much all plans for all other carriers at no extra charge. So I get unlimited phone calls, but I cant forward calls to another number without paying $5.
Thats like saying you get unlimited data, but must pay extra to visit your favorite website.
Isn't metro getting sued by the FCC because the different plans and the limitations they have

Upvote 0
One of two things is true here:

1: They aren't actually tracking data usage. I sure as hell used at least a couple hundred megs last month, and nothing showed.

2: They are tracking it but their data meter is broken.

I kind of don't want to find out, but so far I've never seen it go up even after heavy use (and turning the phone off as recommended). I hope it's #1 but #2 is definitely true. It's possible they are planning on tracking it down the line.

Upvote 0
One of two things is true here:

1: They aren't actually tracking data usage. I sure as hell used at least a couple hundred megs last month, and nothing showed.

2: They are tracking it but their data meter is broken.

I kind of don't want to find out, but so far I've never seen it go up even after heavy use (and turning the phone off as recommended). I hope it's #1 but #2 is definitely true. It's possible they are planning on tracking it down the line.

I get a feeling that number one applies here. I don't think they want to be singled out as being the first cell company to start limiting users to the kind of content there users can get. I think this is just a measure to see which way the FCC goes. If it goes there way then they can start if it goes the other way then they can just leave it as is. I hope they lose the battle or else we will start to see this

Talk txt $40
Unlimited Internet $5
YouTube access $5
Facebook access $5
Google services $10

And you get my point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones