• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] 4.3 update?

The tar is the complete 4.3 firmware and 100% stock (including the recovery). Before you flash, you should know this...

the new 4.3 bootloaders lock things down a bit, you can still root so no worries there just it blows a qfuse and anyone who looks in download mode will know you rooted. there will be no triangle away to cove rit up or anything.

once you flash that bootloader another qfuse is blown in that you cant downgrade, you can flash 4.3 odin tar all day long but cant go to 4.2 bootloaders. you can however stay on 4.2 and flash a rom from 4.3.someone who updates, doesnt care for warranty etc can just do teh ota and root and then dump all the files needed for everyone else to update :).

just wanted to clear some things up before ota hits and some people find themselves in a pickle.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin for the important info!! I'm working on a rom as we speak, I'm not certain when it will be ready. Hopefully soon.

Upvote 0
That may be true for the Tmobile phones but I dont think its necessary for us as we have a different modem altogether. No one has mentioned that issue here and I know some (like me) have flashed Tmobile 4.3 roms.

I used the rom below and all was well.
[ROM|TW|4.3|MK2] Modified Stock M919UVUEMK2 V1.4 [CIQ|KNOX-FREE][12/10/2013] - xda-developers
No modem flashing was necessary.

When you flashed this ROM it changed your modem to mk2 right?(I'm assuming that's what happened) I tried flashing a couple of Roms(infamous and hyperdrive. Both 4.3) and it didn't change to mk2 the devs left it as a separate flash if people wanted to do it. And just like all the other T-Mobile people I lost sound. So my question is would anything bad happen to our phone if I flash the mk2 modem? I know we have a different modem I have a feeling we'd be ok but just making sure.

Also since our 4.3 is out, does anybody know if we can extract just the modem from our firmware and use it with the T-Mobile 4.3 Roms?? Would that work? Do you think it would even make a difference which modem we use if the mk2 does work on our phone?

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanted to clear things up.

Upvote 0
When you flashed this ROM it changed your modem to mk2 right?(I'm assuming that's what happened) I tried flashing a couple of Roms(infamous and hyperdrive. Both 4.3) and it didn't change to mk2 the devs left it as a separate flash if people wanted to do it. And just like all the other T-Mobile people I lost sound. So my question is would anything bad happen to our phone if I flash the mk2 modem? I know we have a different modem I have a feeling we'd be ok but just making sure.

It doesnt say it includes the modem...unless i missed it, i may have. :*)
flashing their modem shouldn't do anything bad. a few of you guys did it when you odined their 4.2 firmware. What you dont want to do is mix them, i think, is when the sound issue happens.
you may wan to wait for a second opinion.

Also since our 4.3 is out, does anybody know if we can extract just the modem from our firmware and use it with the T-Mobile 4.3 Roms?? Would that work? Do you think it would even make a difference which modem we use if the mk2 does work on our phone?

sure you can extract the modem, i dont know if it will work with the tmobile firmware though. youll need to package it up to flash with odin.

Happy new year!!

Reactions: Rooqy
Upvote 0
you need to be completely stock. run cf-auto-root to gain root access, that will also give you your stock recovery. next install and run triangle away (resetting your flash counter), then go into supersu and do a full unroot. after that turn the phone off boot into recovery and do a factory reset and that should it.
I did as you instructed and had to use kies to get the 4.3 update. Once done, I just used odin and the same cf-auto-root that I used originally to re-root. Everything seems to be working perfect. Thank you!

Reactions: Double Boltz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones