• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

metropcs billing date question

Usually companies grant a few days grace for payment, but it's best to read the explicit terms of your contract. I've been late (on vacation or just an empty head) on a few payments with AT&T and they will either text or call with a reminder, but nothing changes as far as the plan.

What does the time you can download apps matter? (and why is that, anyway? WiFi only?)

Reactions: Dj DeadBear
Upvote 0
Usually companies grant a few days grace for payment, but it's best to read the explicit terms of your contract. I've been late (on vacation or just an empty head) on a few payments with AT&T and they will either text or call with a reminder, but nothing changes as far as the plan.

What does the time you can download apps matter? (and why is that, anyway? WiFi only?)

Thankyou for your reply. And I added that about the apps because it seems strange that I can't download apps during the day. I thought someone could explain, probably it's just my plan lol.

Upvote 0
this month i was late couple of days to pay my bill. it was due on the first, i paid on the 3rd. service was disconnected for couple of days. no big deal. but i assumed since i paid on the 3rd it will carry over and next months bill will be due on the second or so. imagine my surprise receiving a text reminding me that my bill is due on the first. so i called customer service and after some hoopla was able to explain the situation and was told that billing date stays the same regardless of when i pay. I hypothetically I do not pay on time and pay on the 10th. she said service will be suspended after due date, it will resume on 10th, next bill will be due on the first of next month. if i want to change my billing date i gotta pay $5.00 + tax for it.
is this for real?

I've had 4 other providers in my life..All of which were NO CONTRACT agreements. None of them ever gave me a problem about the next payment date. Only Metro PCS. That is the beauty of NOT having a contract! You SHOULD NOT have to worry about the date EVER when you are in a contract-free agreement. Say my payment date was the 15th of the next month. If I didn't have the moula to pay until the 20th, through my experience of having 4 other major providers, the computer system SHOULD track the date of the next time you pay(which, hypothetically, in this case would be the 20th), then AUTOMATICALLY add 30 days TO THAT date. They TRY to get over on customers is what it looks like to me. Then, when you call, nobody speaks good English.. which makes it even harder to explain. It's definitely not convenient at all. A switch of providers is coming soon. Peace and love to all

Upvote 0
Created an account just for this. I am a Metro dealer and I absolutely know for a fact since I have processed this transaction several times that if you pay your monthly bill, you can reset your bill cycle to the current day for $5. The trick to this, MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE BILL FIRST AND DO IT IN STORE. They will charge you $3 in store fee, then they are able to reset the bill cycle to the current day for another $5. If you do not pay your bill first they call the customer service and they have no idea what's going on so they'll try to charge $5 + extra for each day, even though you just paid the monthly bill and proration. This $5 fee is supposed to reset your bill cycle after paying your monthly bill to give you 30 days, so for example if your bill is due on the 22nd and you missed 29 days and had your phone turned off and come in next month on the 21st, you will have to pay your monthly bill of ($50 + 48ish) to cover the missed month + current monthly bill, then pay a $5 fee to change the bill cycle to the 21st. If you do not pay your monthly bill first the customer service will try to charge you the monthly bill and proration + the $5 fee and proration. This is incorrect, more than likely due to a system glitch as you have already paid up to the current month and are simply resetting your bill cycle. The proration is included in the bill payment already.

Upvote 0
I don't see what the problem is. Metro is pre-paid. That means you pay for your service before you get it. It protects them from people that don't want to pay at all. As far as the billing date, I don't see a problem with a set-in-stone, un-movable (unless you pay a service fee) date. Just because you pay a couple days late, doesn't mean the company should move you billing date.

My fuss with this is if people wanted to worry about late fees or specific dates they would not be using prepaid service to start with. Regardless of when they pay whether it be the 3rd or the 20th a month of service is what they pay in advance for so and is what they are told it will cost when they sign the agreement. It says 60 a month unlimited with hotspot it doesnt say 60 dollars till due date and or that if you fall on hard times and have to let it.go for 2 weeks because a cell phone when it comes to bills is on the bottom of the priority list that once you have the money you will basically pay 120 for a month of service

Upvote 0
Those of you who have a good experience with metro congrats. Not exactly sure how you received special attention.. I have been a metro customer for 4 years. I have also paid for the extra hand set protection. I am a single mother of 4 and have unexpected bills that pop up on the time which is also why i chose prepaid service . I do not know why they even offer insurance because no matter how they soup it up to you and make it sound it is shit. There is no point in paying the extra money i did especially for my sons phone. When he ran his phone over i tried to call and see what i had to do to get his phone replaced the deductable was more than a new phone is for one and then i bought a unlocked phone from a individual and they refused to allow me to activate it because it wasnt a metro phone. So i bought another phone and after atleast 20 calls to.customer service and them telling me the number had been switched well that was over 5 months ago in which i have paid the bill every month still cant use the phone. It clearly.shows the number has been switched to the phone i currently have but for some reason not one person at metro can understand clear english. But then i waa put out of work due to corona virus i called and ask for them to please allow me 3 days until i received my check to pay. After 12 different reps I got a guy who when i ask him if he could just assist me in unlocking my device so i could take my phone else where he agreed to give me the 3 days i needed and also assured me my device was unlocked. As aggravated as i was i still politely thanked him and expressed my appreciation that he helped me. But low and behold the next morning my service was off and so i said forget this crap im going else where. Ha funny whatta know my device is still locked. So today i tried to go pay my bill although i seriously hate metro these days i cant afford to purchase a new phone at the moment and cant take it elsewhere because there reps dont even have enough sense to simply unlock a device. So i really didnt have a choice except to stay with metro at the moment but when i went to pay my bill my phone number is no longer recognized. I cant call customer service because when it ask for my number it immediatwly says cant find that and to make sure im entering the number i tried both numbers on my account and got the same mesaage. They no longer offer chat. It says they cant connect you at this time. Store hours are only 6am to 11. And further more than that i purchased both devices at the morganton store but when i went there about the whole insurance thing she told me i didnt purchase them not just at the store but at any metro store. Funny thing was the same ignorant lady arguing that with me was the one who had sold me both phones same day. I have patiently dealt with all this crap and now all i am asking for is to pay my bill and hell cant even do that. I understand there hours or call reps may be short due to the virus shut down of everything but just as they as a company felt no reason to help a 4 year customer for liency for just 3 days when i was quaratined at home awaiting my corona virus test results and truly needed phone service for contact with my kids being i couldnt be around them, why should I be expected to once again be without my phone service because someone somewhere in that tangled web of genius's has caused not one but two numbers on my account to not be recognized leaving me no way to pay my bill. Why should I be expected to understand that they have absolutly no way online or by phone or app to contact anyone to just fix my bill so i can pay it. Just as they expected me to do without a phone while i was being quaratined and allowed no exceptions regardless and expected me to figure it out. I expect them as a company to uphold their word and customer service help even in their state of emergency especially when their online portals are denying that my numbers even exist. Regardless of what is going on since their expectations of their customers are still expected then they should expect no less than for their customers to expect them to make sure they have a way for things like this to be handled. So that being said those of you who have had good experiences with metro good for you. As for the rest of us I have sent proof of all that i have said to the news station since i cant get ahold of them maybe they can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones