• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][4.4.2][Weekly] SlimKat-d2lte [5.6]

Nothing that I can see but I believe it is more stable. I haven't had my apps crash and get stuck in a reloading loop like in beta 3. The sound gain in my video recording is lower than beta 3 (which is a good thing) since that's caused distortion during playback. MMS works. Nothing bad that I can see for now. I would like per app dpi settings but I guess I'll have to wait for that. I tried installing xposed framework but busybox doesn't seem to install properly on 4.3 roms.

Upvote 0
I have been running for a few days now and not alot of new stuff in beta 4, just some subtle differences. Mms works great, wifi turns on and off with data resuming just fine. Have noticed a couple times that bluetooth gets stuck off but a reboot fixes it and pairs right up again. Runs smooth and battery life is good. Will keep everyone updated if i find any more issues.

Upvote 0
Beta 4 has been great. Everything has been working as it should...except. The gapps I used were the pa 4.3 gapps. & the only problem I have is on my big buttons keyboard. Gonna try slim's gapps on the beta 5 & see what happens there. That also may explain why rom toolbox won't change my fonts & sends me into a bootloop.

Upvote 0
What recovery you use if it's twrp thats your issue also must do clean install factory reset wipe caches format system manually.

OK just to clarify please go to the slimroms.net and read the home page before flashing.

Yes, I am using twrp. Never had any problems before:thinking: & I did wipe everything before I flashed beta 5, a complete data wipe (except sd card).
Beta 4 was working just fine. Finally got into recovery. reloaded beta 5 with pa gapps. Now it's all back working just fine.
I did notice on the home page about flashing the rom & gapps. I flashed them both together. Now, if I read it right, are they saying to actually flash them separately?

Upvote 0
Yes, I am using twrp. Never had any problems before:thinking: & I did wipe everything before I flashed beta 5, a complete data wipe (except sd card).
Beta 4 was working just fine. Finally got into recovery. reloaded beta 5 with pa gapps. Now it's all back working just fine.
I did notice on the home page about flashing the rom & gapps. I flashed them both together. Now, if I read it right, are they saying to actually flash them separately?

I had probs becuz of twrp but like nick said its twrp. I then switched to Cwm touch and wiped everything manually and it fixed the issue ur having

Reactions: jtw1216
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones