• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][OFFICIAL]CarbonRom 4.3

Hi Guys. I've been running this rom the last few days and haven't found anything wrong yet. I am running it on the bionic (targa version). Sorry to post here but i see Nightlies are being posted from the Carbon Targa page on a different forum but i do not think any of the devs are reading that thread. So, I was hoping to get one of the devs ears on this thread. The Carbon ROM for Targa has no 1% battery mod in it. I was hoping that in a nightly it could be added. There are plenty of battery icons available but it only reports in 10% increments.

From what i can tell, for me anyway, its the only thing missing in the rom, its running flawlessly on my Bionic and no 1% battery mod is sorta annoying.

Thanks guys

Upvote 0
CARBON CHANGELOG

NIGHTLY 5-10 (updates since 5/7)

Revert back to CM camera and gallery2 (temporary)

Remove duplicate SystemUI restarts

Ribbons fixes

Ribbons-long swipe app window

Color picker fixes

Analog dock overlay fix

Add missing ADB connection states

Fix a few leaks in android/dalvik

Implement 1% battery increments on select devices

Fix

Upvote 0
I don't get this rom, is it only 132MB big? Other roms like Goodness and Chemistry were about 600MB and up. After I flashed this (wiped system, Cache, Davlik Cache and Format Data) it just gets stuck on the Carbon logo. Am I supposed to have a previous rom installed and Carbon installed on top of that?

Goodness and chemistry are touchwiz with a lot of crap in them. Carbon is aosp so it's much lighter than those roms just flash it then flash gapps and it should boot

Upvote 0
I don't get this rom, is it only 132MB big? Other roms like Goodness and Chemistry were about 600MB and up. After I flashed this (wiped system, Cache, Davlik Cache and Format Data) it just gets stuck on the Carbon logo. Am I supposed to have a previous rom installed and Carbon installed on top of that?

did you flash the proper gapps along with the ROM?

Upvote 0
A little bug I came across.

I have a poweramp music player widget on my lockscreen and while I was scrolling through The tracks I start hearing this tinny glitchy sound. It stopped when turned the screen off.

I'm currently listening to music while typing this reply and I'm hearing the sound. Once I finished typing and slept the phone the noise stopped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones