• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Very Important! backup nv Before flashing!

That should make your phone reboot and from what mrpnut said it will keep your phone on the samsung splash screen for 30 sec or so then it will enter recovery from which u can restore to any backup and your phone's info number/min number /esn number should be back to normal.

just wanted to mention this since im not sure why it happens and maybe its normal? when i do an nv restore, it stays on the splash screen for more than 30 seconds and never goes into recovery. i wait about 2 minutes and pull the battery and then i can home-volume up-power my way into recovery. i restore to a back up and i get my 4g back so i know the nv restore is working, just curious why it doesnt return back to recovery on its own?

Upvote 0
just wanted to mention this since im not sure why it happens and maybe its normal? when i do an nv restore, it stays on the splash screen for more than 30 seconds and never goes into recovery. i wait about 2 minutes and pull the battery and then i can home-volume up-power my way into recovery. i restore to a back up and i get my 4g back so i know the nv restore is working, just curious why it doesnt return back to recovery on its own?

not sure myself but mr.pnut did it on stock ics not sure if it reacts the same on jb or any other aosp/aokp rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones