• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetroPCS EVO-ALL INFO HERE+[ROM] Metrogenmod 7.1

I have a few questions.
One I had my evo flashed to metro pcs and when it was done my prl read 3019 and at the top of my screen it had the 3g icon. (it was pretty fast)
this past weekend I got stuck on the startup screen and it kept looping. So I downloaded the necessary files to flash metrodroid 2.2 and that fixed it as far as the loop goes.
But now I am only getting the 1x at the top. after pushing the new prl3025 any suggestions???
Also when I send a mms the only thing the other person is getting is a link for go sms how do I fix this so that I can send mms?
thanks in advanced for any help
Here is a screen shot what my 1x is getting
1x photo, picture, image on Use.com
tried to put it here wasnt showing up

Upvote 0
I have a few questions.
One I had my evo flashed to metro pcs and when it was done my prl read 3019 and at the top of my screen it had the 3g icon. (it was pretty fast)
this past weekend I got stuck on the startup screen and it kept looping. So I downloaded the necessary files to flash metrodroid 2.2 and that fixed it as far as the loop goes.
But now I am only getting the 1x at the top. after pushing the new prl3025 any suggestions???
Also when I send a mms the only thing the other person is getting is a link for go sms how do I fix this so that I can send mms?
thanks in advanced for any help
Here is a screen shot what my 1x is getting
1x photo, picture, image on Use.com
tried to put it here wasnt showing up

There is certain roms that will show 3g no matter if you are getting 1x they will still say 3g. Your new ROM is probably just showing your true signal. If your in a 3g area try some of the other prls.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yea its seems like metro branded phones have president over flashed phones. I personally can't get my phone to connect now that 3g is everywhere by me. But when it was first popping up I would connect here and there. I've tried evry setting from all the guides here and xda. And no 3g even when I have an ascend in one hand with 3g and mine on 1x in the other hand. And both phones on the same prl. Jds guide on xda has seemed to be pretty helpful for everyone with evos in Florida. I can't remember but thought you said you were in Tampa. Just keep tryin you should get it back.
Sorry that Tampa thing was a different thread I think

Upvote 0
ok heres the deal i got a sprint evo 4g with a bad spring esn. i want to use it on metro pcs.
its running 2.3.3.
I know i can take it to some guy and pay them 80$ and they will supposedly get it working but this seems like fun for me to try and do it on my own and i'd rather save the $ as mr. obama is not helping me out.

I have been reading up online
1. I need to have the ESN "activated" on metropcs first before i can do anything? is this true? and if so will the metropcs store do it for? is there a charge? And will they activate it with it being a bad spring esn?
2. Do i need to "root" it, and if so why what does the rooting do? any instructions on how to roo it?
3. Is there a "flash" that needs to be done after rooting? and if so why? what does the flashing do? where can i download the latest flash?
4. also i've read of concerns of not being able to get or send mms or use the internet, is there something besides rooting and flashing that i need to perform to get everything to work correctly?

sorry for all the noob questions but there just no real answer that i can find on what steps need to be taken to port over the evo 4g to metro.
thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
ok heres the deal i got a sprint evo 4g with a bad spring esn. i want to use it on metro pcs.
its running 2.3.3.
I know i can take it to some guy and pay them 80$ and they will supposedly get it working but this seems like fun for me to try and do it on my own and i'd rather save the $ as mr. obama is not helping me out.

I have been reading up online
1. I need to have the ESN "activated" on metropcs first before i can do anything? is this true? and if so will the metropcs store do it for? is there a charge? And will they activate it with it being a bad spring esn?
2. Do i need to "root" it, and if so why what does the rooting do? any instructions on how to roo it?
3. Is there a "flash" that needs to be done after rooting? and if so why? what does the flashing do? where can i download the latest flash?
4. also i've read of concerns of not being able to get or send mms or use the internet, is there something besides rooting and flashing that i need to perform to get everything to work correctly?

sorry for all the noob questions but there just no real answer that i can find on what steps need to be taken to port over the evo 4g to metro.
thanks in advance!

Yes you have to get esn added. You can try to have it metroflashed by corporate store then program web mms yourself. Not sure if corp stores will do the bad esn thing though. The op has links to everything you need once your esn is in metro database.

Upvote 0
Hello I flashed Smooth N Sexy Sense but I can not send mms. Somone please help me out. My carrier is Metro PCS, oh also I notice you can not get on the internet when using the phone. Please any info. would be good.

Thanks,

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would go here:
[ROM] MetroDroid v2.2, AOSP Web & MMS Script - Updated Scripts UP! Test My Minions! - xda-developers

and flash the sense 4.53 script. this should allow you to send mms not sure on data though.

also i would read the op for this thread. there is a ton of info on there on how to get data working. also there are some suggested roms that will work for you.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the fast reply. I got the Roms from the OP. I had MetroDroid2.2 Rom before switching to Smooth N Sexy sence Rom I did the data fix and everything worked except for Pandora radio and YouTube. Do I have to do this fix every time I flash a new rim?

Thanks again,

Under bloodys zip files there is a fix for the streaming issue. ##data# then change the 2 that he says to change.. they should be 0.0.0.0. After u change those,back out and your streaming YouTube and Pandora.

Reactions: aaaphonerepair
Upvote 0
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would go here:
[ROM] MetroDroid v2.2, AOSP Web & MMS Script - Updated Scripts UP! Test My Minions! - xda-developers

and flash the sense 4.53 script. this should allow you to send mms not sure on data though.

also i would read the op for this thread. there is a ton of info on there on how to get data working. also there are some suggested roms that will work for you.

in that same link there is a data provision guide that will give you net. Then the scripts will fix mms.make sure your data settings are set to bloody guide and you will have data frim thatvpoint on. My internet has stayed no matter what rom i flashed even 3.5 roms. Scripts dont always work for some though. SOS SNS both work with the 4.53 scriot . Good luck

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0
in that same link there is a data provision guide that will give you net. Then the scripts will fix mms.make sure your data settings are set to bloody guide and you will have data frim thatvpoint on. My internet has stayed no matter what rom i flashed even 3.5 roms. Scripts dont always work for some though. SOS SNS both work with the 4.53 scriot . Good luck

i just tried the 4.53 with snsgb 4.53 basaed and it didnt work..i tried mounting the system and data,tried handcent tried changing the mms port.nothing...how did u get it to work..the 4.53 hasnt worked on 1 rom ive tried yet....scratching head..lol

Upvote 0
i just tried the 4.53 with snsgb 4.53 basaed and it didnt work..i tried mounting the system and data,tried handcent tried changing the mms port.nothing...how did u get it to work..the 4.53 hasnt worked on 1 rom ive tried yet....scratching head..lol
This might sound crazy or maybe im just lucky. But ive been flashing the 3.0 script that mdiaz33685 has in his sig (xda). Then flashed the 4.53 script without wiping. I dont know why i decided to try it i just liked the way that script flashed a little better. I noticed that one actually changes the ro.cdma.home.operater and other ro. files plus removes the gsm home op files from the build prop. Nothing against bloody cuz its still his script that makes it work but his make no changes to the build prop that i could see so i decided to combine them. That worked for me on kings and with the 4.53 on sos im running right now.

Upvote 0
Right now im running metrodroid v2.2 its the same as stock. im not sure if i should flash another rom because my evo is flashed to metropcs and the guy told me i would lose the flash if i put another rom. it sucks because the rom he put dosent allow 4g

hello, i moved your post here.

you will not loose your flash to metro. please read the op. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones