• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetroPCS G386T1UVU1ANK3 Stock

Alright so keep the stock rom installed and flash the firmware with odin the aof1 firmware and wifi should work right?
Yeah. Ive figured out the problem with WiFi and I've been meaning to update all the stock ROMs and deodex zips but I haven't had an avant in a couple of months. I'm supposed to be getting one given to me tomorrow so I'll be able to update everything again. Ive learned a few tricks in the last few months since I posted these stock ROMs and I'm pretty sure I can re-pack the stock firmwares and make them TWRP-flashable once I have another avant to test on. Hopefully I'll have one soon and I'll be able to do some stuff with it.

Reactions: Blu8
Upvote 0
Yeah. Ive figured out the problem with WiFi and I've been meaning to update all the stock ROMs and deodex zips but I haven't had an avant in a couple of months. I'm supposed to be getting one given to me tomorrow so I'll be able to update everything again. Ive learned a few tricks in the last few months since I posted these stock ROMs and I'm pretty sure I can re-pack the stock firmwares and make them TWRP-flashable once I have another avant to test on. Hopefully I'll have one soon and I'll be able to do some stuff with it.
Hey man. I make a nandroid backup of my stock avant ( T-Mobile) from day 1. Tried restoring it today and its asking for an encryption password? I never encrypted it before the first backup!?! Anyway, my girl has an avant too, and I could flash her OEM backup but she's on the newer baseband. I'm on ANK3. Will that matter?

Upvote 0
Hey man. I make a nandroid backup of my stock avant ( T-Mobile) from day 1. Tried restoring it today and its asking for an encryption password? I never encrypted it before the first backup!?! Anyway, my girl has an avant too, and I could flash her OEM backup but she's on the newer baseband. I'm on ANK3. Will that matter?
Yes it will matter. Your ROM will be different than your baseband which breaks WiFi functionality

Upvote 0
so there is no way to get the new modem without losing root/recovery? I just bought a CL avant. it was on the ng3. updated first (twice), then rooted, then twrp.
I just got a Metro Avant that I have updated to the newest aof1 firmware and as soon as I get it rooted I'll be updating the metro stock ROM to aof1 and this time it will include the updated modem partition. I still need to get my computer out of the pawn shop so I'm not sure how soon this will be

Upvote 0
I just got a Metro Avant that I have updated to the newest aof1 firmware and as soon as I get it rooted I'll be updating the metro stock ROM to aof1 and this time it will include the updated modem partition. I still need to get my computer out of the pawn shop so I'm not sure how soon this will be
any luck on that yet or has anyone else been able to do it?

Upvote 0
any luck on that yet or has anyone else been able to do it?
Unfortunately its not possible because your phone has to say official status or else the baseband update won't stick. If you want to update you have to first, flash whatever firmware matches the baseband on your phone then reboot and check and see if it says official. If it still says custom you'll have to back up whatever files you have on your internal storage and then do a factory reset with the stock recovery and then flash the same firmware again. If it already says official you can then go ahead and flash the newer firmware and then root again.

Reactions: viperdink and Blu8
Upvote 0
Unfortunately its not possible because your phone has to say official status or else the baseband update won't stick. If you want to update you have to first, flash whatever firmware matches the baseband on your phone then reboot and check and see if it says official. If it still says custom you'll have to back up whatever files you have on your internal storage and then do a factory reset with the stock recovery and then flash the same firmware again. If it already says official you can then go ahead and flash the newer firmware and then root again.
I tried that and that didn't even work for me.

Upvote 0
Hello all, I've put together a flashable stock ROM for the MetroPCS Avant. This could be useful if you messed something up and dont have a nandroid backup and you don't feel like having to reflash the whole firmware with Odin and then reinstall TWRP or CWM.

This is not a flashable update.If your phone hasn't already been updated to G386T1UVU1ANK3 then WiFi won't work on this ROM.

THIS ROM IS 100% FACTORY STOCK FOR METROPCS ONLY AND IS NOT PRE-ROOTED.
FLASHING THIS ROM OVER TOP OF THE T-MOBILE FIRMWARE WILL CAUSE WIFI TO QUIT WORKING.
I didn't include root because pre-rooting the rom will also keep WiFi from working and it is very easy to flash SuperSU after flashing the ROM.

It is important to turn the phone back on and let it sit for a few minutes before doing your setup. If you are going to root It is necessary to let the phone boot up at least once and sit for a few minutes before rebooting back into recovery to flash SuperSU and then doing your setup after rooting.

I am not responsible for thermonuclear war, the death of your pet, or anything that may happen to your phone. You are choosing to flash this at your own risk. I have tested this ROM thoroughly and have not had any problems with it.

Instructions:
[1] Factory reset
[2] Flash ROM
[3] Reboot phone
[4] Let it sit for a few minutes
[5] Flash SuperSU for root
[6] Set up your accounts and apps

ROM Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cjdatxse3zwjd73/MetroPCS_G386T1UVU1ANK3_stock.zip

SuperSU flashable zip
Download: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Here is a link to a odin flashable that i pulled after i downloaded a firmware update with samsung kies 3. Use this thread to go full stock and reclaim all rights to your warranty. Click the link below to obtain the file needed.
http://androidforums.com/threads/stock-everything-for-metropcs-avant.974805/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones