• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] ov5693 camera

This is why I made individual links. These for AOKP and cm11 .. You tried to boot a stock ROM without lge modifications in the ramdisk.

So use vol - and power ..hold both buttons when you power on. It will wipe your data but you should get into recovery. Flash a stock based ROM .

Next time.. Please be more careful ;)

Can you post the raw kernel, something like vmlinux/bzImage? I can try to boot them with other initramfs using fastboot, and see how it goes.

I can not obtain raw kernel reliably from the zip because the loki patch cause trouble, even after unpatch.

Update: I've been able to extract the dm47021's zImage manually, and boot the kernel on KK mini ROM successfully, using fastboot. But I don't have ov5693 camera so I can not test it.

Below is the command to boot using fastboot:
fastboot boot -b 0x80200000 -r 0x02000000 -c "kernel_cmdline" zImage init.gz

Upvote 0
this is wierd, because i tested the zips myself before uploading. :(

The reason why their having issues with angablade rom its because he altered the rom by implementing or throwing in jb files, scripts etc.etc...
As for me... I when back to HroarkCM n flashed when tru.. But i can't tell cus my cam has always worked... I couldn't check AOKP cus couldn't find yours or Xt51

Back on KK.mini let me knw if any help need it

Reactions: Dm47021
Upvote 0
so maybe you can describe to me exactly how you install the zips yourself? i did full wipe (data, system, cache, dalvik), installed CM11, installed GAPPS, then installed kernel. reboot. boot fail.

I was on Hroark CM11 4.4.4 lates v3
*Flash rom
*Flash gaaps
*Boot system... Set up phone
*Rebooted in to recovery ( no wiping )
*Flashed cm.mod zip
*Reboot in to system
Voila.....
But like i said. Don't knw if it worked cus my cam has always worked.
And im back on KK.mini...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones