• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Hey Dm, first of all, I want to thank you for your great work! Because of your work my phone actually works, whereas every other custom ROM I tried were unstable and I couldn't bear go back to the stock ROM.

I know you're working on other projects at the moment, but I just wanted to know for sure if cm 12 for the optimus f6 is dead. I know you posted briefly about it in 2014, but I haven't found any other useful leads on the web.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Tried this ROM out and its very snappy , fast opening pretty much everything apps, system settings but couldn't enjoy for very long couple min at best. Ran into a big problem for me anyways every time I tried to scan for saved APK'S it would crash , tried with Es File Explorer and just about every APK installer out there each would start scanning and all Crash... Any one have any ideas how to fix this I tried re formatting SD card and still after adding my stuff back it still would crash after trying to scan for saved apps..

Upvote 0
Tried this ROM out and its very snappy , fast opening pretty much everything apps, system settings but couldn't enjoy for very long couple min at best. Ran into a big problem for me anyways every time I tried to scan for saved APK'S it would crash , tried with Es File Explorer and just about every APK installer out there each would start scanning and all Crash... Any one have any ideas how to fix this I tried re formatting SD card and still after adding my stuff back it still would crash after trying to scan for saved apps..

You gonna have to digging in your reading but make sure you have the latest kernel he posted. That will fix any reboot or crashed issues

Upvote 0
Thanks for your quick replys...But I get no reboots at all, the ROM is pretty stable. Now the only time & I mean "ONLY" Time I get a reboot is when i try searching for stuff I have saved in my SD-CARD THEN my phone reboots. Like let's say I use INSTALLER- INSTALL APK BY Rhythm To search for saved Apk's I get reboot or any other app to search my SD card the phone reboots other then that No Problems. BUT ITS really no biggie just kinda annoying on my end ..

Upvote 0
Is there anybody around who's still paying attention to this?

Looking to repurpose my old LG Optimus F6 phone as a portable media player, I've successfully flashed this Carbon ROM onto it. No problems or surprises other than from forgetting why you shouldn't do a reset using the power and volume buttons but that's been resolved.

The only question that I have now for anybody who may be listening is how might I get microG (https://microg.org/) working with this ROM as an open-source Google-free replacement for GApps?

For microG to work correctly, the ROM needs to implement a feature known as Signature Spoofing. Apparently the official Carbon ROMs that are currently available do offer this feature but I can't use it with this ROM. Either I don't how to activate Signature Spoofing or it was never implemented for this ROM possibly because it may be considered a possible security risk.

Is there anybody out there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones