• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
I followed the instruction but keeps get an error message "set_perm: some changes failed" at step 7: Setting permissions. The log shows:
script aborted: set_perm: some changes failed

(install-recovery.sh) is included under /system/etc folder.

So if the warning says 'No such file or directory', it seems like install is not doing correct.

When it says '5. Extracting System' do you see it progresses or just quickly goes to the next step?

If there's some delay between step 5 and 6, that means it's actually installing whole bunch of system files and apps. If it bypasses quickly, it's not actually writing files.

Make sure you are completely wiping off data and system, including cache and dalvik-cache as well. If you are using TWRP make sure to do advance wipe and do clean system, data, etc etc..

Upvote 0
For us less sophisticated folks, could you elaborate on how you did this? I'm very happy so far with the stability this ROM brings vs CM11, but would like to get my lock screen customization back. Do I need to reflash and install LG home then?

Yes you need to have LG Home installed.

Either flash back LG Home app or choose LG Home Launcher during AROMA install.

Upvote 0
See above...without LG Home the screen lock settings crash. The LG Home App Bard provided wouldn't install for me, but I've been happy using an app called Cover. The only other issue I've had with this ROM is that the camera crashes frequently when trying to capture video. Photos seem to be okay, but video is pretty much useless.

Did you put it in /system/app then set permissions to rwrr and reboot?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Bin using Dana rom version 2 for about a month now and I haven't any problems was wondering when version 3 would be available

Been working with some projects recently.. luckily they slowed down a bit.
I may be able to put some work on this.. hopefully :)

Thank you for your interest on this humble rom.

Upvote 0
UPDATE LOG
09/12/2014 - V.2
* Apps updated - Youtube, Next App Keyboard and more
* Default AOSP lockscreen for non-LG Launcher
* AOSP Welcome screen instead of LG Welcome (simper & faster)
* Minor error fixes and build prop updates.

08/26/2014 - V.2
* More Aroma choices
- Launcher selection
- Keyboard selection
- Email App selection
- Browser selection
- Extra Tweak selection

* Modified Build.prop little bit
- NFC turned off default
- Default Brightness reduced to 30%

08/21/2014 - Live V.1
* Aroma installer added
* TR, Recovery apps removed (the device is still rooted and recover installed)
* Gallery added back
* I used most recent Google Search (Google Now) and Google Keyboard but it still says you need to update them. Just click okay and update.

08/15/2014
* Beta V.1 uploaded
* Initial upload to the public

SCREEN SHOTS
2014-08-15-15-27-03%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-27-15%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-27-36%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-28-21%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-28-41%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-29-21%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-21-10-42-58%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-21-10-43-25%5B1%5D.jpg

LF_F6_Dana_V1.zip.screenshoot-1%5B1%5D.bmp

LF_F6_Dana_V1.zip.screenshoot-4%5B1%5D.bmp

LF_F6_Dana_V1.zip.screenshoot-5%5B1%5D.bmp
ant download

Upvote 0
ant download

It seems like download link was temporarily down by Google.

I just tried with two different browsers (Chrome, IE) and both worked okay.

The only warning message you may see is virus warning from Google - "Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses."

Just ignore this message and proceed to download, you should be okay.

Upvote 0
I have V3 test version uploaded. You are more than welcome to download and try it on.

Nothing much has been changed since V2, just few app updates and added Dual Core Mod.

Again this is not actual V3... it's a test ROM see if it's working okay without major issues.

Once it's working okay I will finish up some more stuff then upload it as V3.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B69dMfqyU4n9OUF5bXRlQnBwZVE&export=download

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones