• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Tested out the test posted the other day.
#1 Still had random reboots.
#2 Echo on my girlfriends side but not my other friends side. Both on Tmobile.
#3 Kernel crash when using speaker phone.
#4 Signal still all over the place on LTE but still works good.
#5 After two days, the LTE would never reconnect. Stuck on E.
#6 Speed was actually really good when it did crash.
#7 Only encountered one black screen lock up.
#8 I CANT WAIT for a stable daily driver of this rom. Sorry Im not good enough to help the progress.
#9 Wifi tether works. If I am on Xperion Rom, Kik Kat Beta 5 port, stock Tmobile rom, after the 3gb limit on my plan, no tehter works, even when using user agent switchers. I just used tether for 15gb on this rom to my netbook with no issues at all.

Upvote 0
Well I've decided against flashing this new ROM and stick with Codingninja's build. No reboots, no lock screen o death (however it sometimes hesitates but always comes on). It tethers, Bluetooth works, LTE works, both of my cameras work. I would say this rom , for me anyways, is complete and stable, I understand the IR remote doesn't work but that's as limitation of cyanogen not the build. I'm happy

Upvote 0
Well I've decided against flashing this new ROM and stick with Codingninja's build. No reboots, no lock screen o death (however it sometimes hesitates but always comes on). It tethers, Bluetooth works, LTE works, both of my cameras work. I would say this rom , for me anyways, is complete and stable, I understand the IR remote doesn't work but that's as limitation of cyanogen not the build. I'm happy

Link to ROM?

Upvote 0
Any of the last posts with with hroaks and ninjas rom in any of these roms is the call volume fixed?

I have been using Ninjas and call volume is fine actually. Everyone hears me just fine and I can hear them just fine. Just still the stupid kernel crash with speaker phone.

Still has black lock screen of death and and a few random reboots but works pretty damn good as is. Almost ready for a true daily replacement rom.

Upvote 0
Thanks... new question... I have a UHS-I 16 GB micro SD card. I've done benchmark tests of my card and the internal memory. Results are below.

Internal Flash speeds
30.79 mb/s read
11.35 mb/s write

External Sandisk UHS-I speeds
125 mb/s read
50 mb/s write

Here's my question. Is there any way to install EVERYTHING to my micro sd card?
I had an HTC HD2 that I did this to, they called it "NativeSD" as opposed to "NAND". IS there a way to do that on this phone? Again I don't want a few apps on my external sd card. I want the entire rom on the external sd card. It's ~5 times as fast!!

Upvote 0
I havent changed any settings either. All default settings.
Guess it could be luck of the draw. Im using the build from the link I posted which I do think is hes newest build.

Really weird because that is the same build I had sound problems with. Other than that I had no real problems with the ROM. Once I switched the lockscreen I didn't get the black screen death.

My only other question, when using data (after dialing *#*#4636#*#* and setting LTE/WCDMA), are we suppossed to get a 4G icon in the notification bar? All I ever got was 2 lines indicating data was turned on.

Upvote 0
I have been using Ninjas and call volume is fine actually. Everyone hears me just fine and I can hear them just fine. Just still the stupid kernel crash with speaker phone.

Still has black lock screen of death and and a few random reboots but works pretty damn good as is. Almost ready for a true daily replacement rom.

Gonna test today thanks hopefully calls work

Tested: Call volume went up! Everything seems to work fine i dont use the lock screen so pointless and no random reboots i just need a better camera or a camera app and im set with this wonderful rom!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones