• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pufffee

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
My Galaxy 7.0 Plus does not recognize my sd card all the time. At first I thought it was a fluke. I took at out card verified info was still there put it back in and nothing happened. Then hours later it just appeared.

The other day I added more to card and put it back into tab and nothing appeared. but hours later it was there.

Does it take a while to read? Anyone else have issues with SD Storage appearing and dissappearing?

Is it possible to install apps in the SD card? I have apps in the internal mem of my sam 7 plus, and I am unable to move any, with manage applications and third party. I cannot even see the card under "manage apps. ".
Apparently you cannot do that in Honeycomb. They consider that an "enhancement". I consider it a design flaw.

They basically dust off the old Bill Gates argument about how much RAM could someone ever need, and apply it to on how much memory you should ever need to store apps.

I have had my tablet less than a month and I have already used 1 of the 12 GB available to me, and I have slow internet so I don't really go crazy downloading apps. So the "enhanced design" seems like a pretty bad decision.

Upvote 0
My Galaxy 7.0 Plus does not recognize my sd card all the time. At first I thought it was a fluke. I took at out card verified info was still there put it back in and nothing happened. Then hours later it just appeared.

The other day I added more to card and put it back into tab and nothing appeared. but hours later it was there.

Does it take a while to read? Anyone else have issues with SD Storage appearing and dissappearing?

i also have that kind of problem. i thought it was my miro sd card malfunction but when i tried another 1 gb card itwas detected. but wen i put again 16gb card nothing happened.but after a few hours the device was able to recognize it again and t hen after a day the card is not seen again. so its really the device problem.

Upvote 0
updated the firmware for my Tab;

use the stock "My Files" to move, create and delete files and folders;
applications from Android market don't work

I just checked for a software update via about device and it says "No update available" So I cant update right now.

And I always tend to use My files because I like file managers that come with the device vs market file managers.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Model number GT-P6200L
Android version 3.2
Baseband version P6200LDCKK8
Kernel version 2.6.36-P6200LDCLA2-CL616683
dpi@DELL173 #3
Build number HTJ85B P6200LDCLA2

ok, I think we have different models I have:

Model number GT-P6210
Android version 3.2
Kernel version 2.6.36-P6210UEKL1-CL583281
se.infra@SEI-20 #3
Build number HTJ85B.UEKL1 P6210UEKL1

Upvote 0
Man this tab is starting to give me a lot of grief.

My music player will not read the music on my SD card anymore. I tried different cards and same problem. My phone will read both cards fine. The funny thing is ES explorer can open the extstorage and can play the music. However the music player cannot see any music at all.

EDIT: The music came back. I rebooted a few times and the "media scanner running" message came on. After a few minutes, the music showed up again on the music player. Weird.

Upvote 0
I went to bed last nite, all was well. Woke up this morning and my Tab says that it doesn't recognize my card. I try to "mount" it in the system..doesn't work. Took the card out and put it back in-doesn't work. Tried reformatting from the Tab-doesn't work. Took card out-tried quick format in Windows-didn't work. Doing slow format on it now-crossing fingers. Something in my Tab corrupted (guessing) my sd card. I don't install a lot of crap and never from unrecognized websites, and I use a virus scanner too. Strange...
**** UPDATE *****
Windows couldn't format the sd card even in the slow format mode. The card is now useless.. 8gb card gone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones