• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories micro usb to sae connector?

There's a reason I can't find one....the car charger plugs into the cig lighter which takes the vehicle's 12 volts down to 5 volts which is what the Droid X uses to charge. Good thing I didn't find one or I'd have probably fried my phone!
The HOME charger has one end a standard USB connector. There are US cig adapters with 5V usb ports. You might search for SAE to USB ... I'd bet someone makes one. A series regulator IC to 5V is easy to get cheaply, but there will be a total of perhaps 5 or 6 watts heat. I've not looked at standard switchers for 10-18V to 5V, but they are probalby out there and will likely have less than a watt of heat production.

Look at eBay item 390327745637 for the correct way to do the electronics ... this has neither the SAE nor USB connectors, obviously.

Upvote 0
I have the solution for getting USB power on your bike. A connector directly from your battery tender.... SAE connector in, USB connector out. No wiring, no splicing, no cutting. 2 second hookup for a very reasonable price. Provides 5 volts at 1 amp of power.

Contact me at americancrossroaders@yahoo.com
or, go to www.americancrossroaders.com for more information.

You won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• DSCN1148.JPG
    DSCN1148.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones