• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microphone Replacement?!?!

Bdrago86

Lurker
May 4, 2012
I have a Razr Maxx that I dropped the other day. Since then, the microphone has not been working. People on the other end of a call cannot hear me when I call them or when they call me. I am wondering if the microphone went out and if the one in the front and back is some how connected together since neither work. Here is some info and some things I have tried.*Rooted**Running stock JB on one Rom slot**Running Custom JB (Break neck) Rom on seperate slot**Made sure MUTE was NOT on**Factory reset (stock) rom**Downloaded recording APP to try to record voice**No app installed that "enhances" the volume. I can't figure out what is wrong. I am presuming that whatever "controls" both mics "if that makes any sense" went out when they phone was dropped. Is there anyway that both could have went out at the same time? Is there anyway to replace both of them? When I get off of work today I plan on stopped by Wal-Mart and getting a plug in hands free piece to plug into it to see if the little mic on there will work for the time being. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not sure how to fix the mic problem, but maybe a bluetooth earpiece mite be a work around solution for you for now?

Yeah I am stopping by the store and picking up a hands free device for it on the way home from work. If that doesn't work than I am pretty sure it is a software issue. I'm just confused at to why BOTH went out. I have read where the front went out, but back worked while on speakerphone (though not in my case) but like I said, I am getting one this evening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones