• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MidnightRom: GS2 1.03 (3/19/2013)

Has anyone noticed degraded signal strength since the 1.02 release? I usually get pretty bad service in my apartment, but I can at least take calls and send text messages... but it seems since the last update I get virtually no service whatsoever. Rebooting the phone doesn't help. Tried wiping cache to no avail.

The only other option I can think of would to try full wiping and reinstalling... but I'm really tired of configuring everything after rom installs...

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed degraded signal strength since the 1.02 release? I usually get pretty bad service in my apartment, but I can at least take calls and send text messages... but it seems since the last update I get virtually no service whatsoever. Rebooting the phone doesn't help. Tried wiping cache to no avail.

The only other option I can think of would to try full wiping and reinstalling... but I'm really tired of configuring everything after rom installs...

Not particularly. I've already updated to 1.02 and notice about the same signal strength. That being said, I think that Virgin's cell reception is very poor in general when indoors.

Upvote 0
Not particularly. I've already updated to 1.02 and notice about the same signal strength. That being said, I think that Virgin's cell reception is very poor in general when indoors.

Yea I have to conclude it's a tower issue nearby. I made myself a backup and flashed over to CM just to test. Same issue. Oh well. At least my backup had an MD5 mismatch and was un-restorable. ;)

I'm done for the night :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for disappearing for a while. I was caught up in SimCity....IT RUINS YOUR LIFE >.<

Anyways...New update later tonight.

-fixed wifi tether app
-fixed init.d support
-better gps lock
-wifi waiting time changed
-memory tweaks
-deeper sleep when the screen is off
-fixed sqlite3 support
-3g speed tweaks
-touch enhancements

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones