• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MidnightRom: GS2 1.03 (3/19/2013)

I'm getting this error

Formatting and mounting...
Extracting apps...
Symlinking files...
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/MNRSG103.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have already tried different mirrors but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

Also for the heck of it I tried installing 102 thinking I could update after and got the same error.

Upvote 0
I'm getting this error

Formatting and mounting...
Extracting apps...
Symlinking files...
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/MNRSG103.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have already tried different mirrors but nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated.

Also for the heck of it I tried installing 102 thinking I could update after and got the same error.

I had this problem as well. All you have to do is format system in recovery as well as cache.

Upvote 0
Never tried a custom rom before usually just go rooted stock roms, but here goes, i like what ive heard about this rom, so fingers crossed, HERE GOES.......

and done... now for checking everything out! Thanks for the easy to follow instructions im sure ill be happy with this phone again :)

ummmm twlauncher keeps closing... any suggestions

Upvote 0
Never tried a custom rom before usually just go rooted stock roms, but here goes, i like what ive heard about this rom, so fingers crossed, HERE GOES.......

and done... now for checking everything out! Thanks for the easy to follow instructions im sure ill be happy with this phone again :)

ummmm twlauncher keeps closing... any suggestions

You might want to check out the jellybean version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones