• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone contacts import and delete problem

joboy

Aug 14, 2010
Hi there,

I am new to this phone I am from the Nokia world, and I exported my contacts as vCard and I've 170 of them, when I import them to the Milestone it found 800 of them !! anyway I let it finish and I see all contacts have repeated entry, and some are cross linked, although they are usable I decided to re-do it. I then try to delete all contacts on the contact menu but nothing happened, after searching the net I know the only way to delete all contacts is to remove it from the setting menu, this is weird and I assume this is a bug.

After that I import the contacts again, this time 380 was found !! I did not touch the original backup I don't know what caused that, anyway I import again, but the contact never show up on the phone, although there is usage on the setting->application->contact storage, I don't know what went wrong, I re-do the import few times but still nothing shows up. Since I don't want to expose my friends' contact to 3rd party so I disabled the auto sync., and I don't even sync. to Outlook, I only want to have the contact on my phone and only on my phone, is it impossible to do it with Android !?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones