• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Milestone Music Player w/ Coverflow

in your terminal emulator:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /system/app
rm VVMStub.apk (I think that is the name, if not type 'ls' to see all the files in the folder)
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync
reboot

Ok I'm in the terminal and the name for vvm that you put is wrong, and I typed in lp, it gave me the list and I dont know what one of these is visual voice mail... help please?

Upvote 0
I had to do all that from a cmd line. I installed Terminal Emulator from the market and it FCs every time I try to start it up.

That's because you need to install Android Terminal Emulator. The other one does not support Droid :D

Ok I'm in the terminal and the name for vvm that you put is wrong, and I typed in lp, it gave me the list and I dont know what one of these is visual voice mail... help please?

Actually, I checked, and that is the correct name for VVM (VVMStub.apk). Unless your ROM had it changed...idk though.

It might be easier, but if you adb shell into your Droid and ls in /system/app, you can copy and paste that list into this thread and I'll see if I can pinpoint it out for you. Otherwise, it'd be pretty crappy to copy them all by hand.

Upvote 0
The problem for me was that I had the updates for VVM installed cause I was tired of it bugging me every time I went to the market to check for updates on my other apps. Once I uninstalled those VVM went away too.

Ahh, if you got VVM from the market, then it's not in /system anymore, it's in /data.

It can then easily be removed by going into settings, manage applications.

Upvote 0
That's because you need to install Android Terminal Emulator. The other one does not support Droid :D

Actually, I checked, and that is the correct name for VVM (VVMStub.apk). Unless your ROM had it changed...idk though.

It might be easier, but if you adb shell into your Droid and ls in /system/app, you can copy and paste that list into this thread and I'll see if I can pinpoint it out for you. Otherwise, it'd be pretty crappy to copy them all by hand.

Man its getting late, gotta get some sleep. I will PM or just reply to you tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I found a nifty little feature/bug of the new music player.

Try locking it at the now playing screen. If you unlock, there is no longer a slider. You can directly access the play controls. However, if you try to do anything else, or touch one of the capacitive buttons, the unlock slider comes up.

So for now, this is the best implementation of lock screen music controls I can think of.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, still waiting to hear back from Pete.

Upvote 0
I found a nifty little feature/bug of the new music player.

Try locking it at the now playing screen. If you unlock, there is no longer a slider. You can directly access the play controls. However, if you try to do anything else, or touch one of the capacitive buttons, the unlock slider comes up.

So for now, this is the best implementation of lock screen music controls I can think of.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, still waiting to hear back from Pete.

I was about to post the same observation! I thought something was wrong with the lockscreen not coming up until I figured it out. It's great though.

Upvote 0
When did you update? Pete just released the new files within the last couple of hours.

Also, it is landscape only, and only under 'artists' and 'albums'

Ok, where is the new ROM i am currently running Bugless Beast .72 is the last one he released .73? And what is the difference between Bugless Beast and Bugless Beauty? Bugless beast has caused my phone to restart many times.

Upvote 0
Ok, where is the new ROM i am currently running Bugless Beast .72 is the last one he released .73? And what is the difference between Bugless Beast and Bugless Beauty? Bugless beast has caused my phone to restart many times.

It's messed up, because he released new ROMs, but did not change their version numbers, as the changes were very minor (new music player + handcent sms fixes).

So both the beauty and beast now have these changes, though they remain 0.8.4 and 0.7.2.

The difference is that the beast is overclocked up to 600/800/950, while the beauty is stock at 550MHz. The beast also allows for Wifi tethering.

If you don't need the added features, the beauty will be fine. It should still be spiffier than stock 2.0.1.

Upvote 0
It's messed up, because he released new ROMs, but did not change their version numbers, as the changes were very minor (new music player + handcent sms fixes).

So both the beauty and beast now have these changes, though they remain 0.8.4 and 0.7.2.

The difference is that the beast is overclocked up to 600/800/950, while the beauty is stock at 550MHz. The beast also allows for Wifi tethering.

If you don't need the added features, the beauty will be fine. It should still be spiffier than stock 2.0.1.

Ok, so if I reinstall .72 I will get coverflow... How do you set what It is overclocked to? And do you know why beast is causing my phone to reboot continuously?

Thanks, Nader

Upvote 0
Ok, so if I reinstall .72 I will get coverflow... How do you set what It is overclocked to? And do you know why beast is causing my phone to reboot continuously?

Thanks, Nader

Take a look at the first page of the beast thread. There's a link to download SetCPU .apk.

If you're feeling generous and want updates, purchase it through the Market.

I'm guessing your phone is not a champion overclocker, so the higher frequency is causing it to freak and reboot.

Upvote 0
Take a look at the first page of the beast thread. There's a link to download SetCPU .apk.

If you're feeling generous and want updates, purchase it through the Market.

I'm guessing your phone is not a champion overclocker, so the higher frequency is causing it to freak and reboot.

Whats a champion overclocker? And on setCPU it only allows me to set 500 as my max with the slider bar but then in the top right it said 800 mhz... kind of confusing :thinking:

Upvote 0
Whats a champion overclocker? And on setCPU it only allows me to set 500 as my max with the slider bar but then in the top right it said 800 mhz... kind of confusing :thinking:

This is confusing, but in SetCPU, do not choose Droid as your device. Use 'Autodetect'. That should fix the slider bar problem.

What I meant by champion overclocker is that not all Droids are created equal. Taz's (the developer of the OC kernels) can go to 1.3GHz. Mine got unstable at 1.1. Other's are having troubles at 1GHz and 950MHz.

Still, 800 should be pretty safe...so idk.

Upvote 0
This is confusing, but in SetCPU, do not choose Droid as your device. Use 'Autodetect'. That should fix the slider bar problem.

What I meant by champion overclocker is that not all Droids are created equal. Taz's (the developer of the OC kernels) can go to 1.3GHz. Mine got unstable at 1.1. Other's are having troubles at 1GHz and 950MHz.

Still, 800 should be pretty safe...so idk.

Auto detect did not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones