• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minecraft

i have not played it.. looks a little to many steps back in graphics.
but my daughter loves it. she is still playing the Demo version on android.
no account yet.

she asked me a few questions.
1. she wants to download a new skin (girl) for the game. we say one she like by following links over to the website. hit the download of it, and a .png file is in the Nexus7. what do i do now??

2. she can play with others that are only on the local wifi. can she play with others via the internet? My guess is that it only works if you have a full version.. right?

3. what other things will she be able to do with the full version? $6.99 on the playstore.

4. any tips for her.. a noob on this game?

Upvote 0
well graphics is a personal preference, so not necessarily closed minded, but as far as changing skins, as far as I know you would have to purchase it. The way they do it on the pc is, when you purchase it you sign up for a user name to sign in with, and then after you purchased it, you log into their website and on the page after you log in you will see an upload button for the custom skins.

BUT i am not 100% sure if this is how the mobile device version works

also on the pc, single player is free, multiplayer is unlocked with the purchase.

For the android version I think the demo is just a creative mode, which is unlimited blocks (which i read is limited to 32 blocks to choose from) to build with. The purchased version has survival mode as well as creative. The creative would be similar, but with a few additions, she could save the game when she wants to quit (which you cant do with the free) More blocks to build with, and Monsters that won't attack unless attacked first.
Survival mode is just that.. survival, you have a health bar, and food level. You have to make things to survive, you have to first chop down trees with your hands to make a crafting table then make an ax with the wood you got to make it easier to chop down trees. You'll want to make a house with a bed in it so you have shelter in the night, because thats when the monsters are out (spiders, zombies, skeletons, and creepers) they will attack you at night.

It is a nice game the encourages creativity! hope this is of help to you

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
on android:
the demo does have survival mode.
and can play with others.. only with players on the same local network; not on the internet.

so.. once I purchase the game .. she can then save progress.
and then she can get skins for her character, but it is also a purchase.

does anyone know.. once you purchase the game for android, will she be able to play with other via the internet? if so, is that an extra charge to access web servers to play with others??

Upvote 0
By now everyone that is into pc gaming has at least heard of minecraft at one point if not tried it by now, and I also have learned recently that it is now available to the 360.

Anyone else here a minecraft addict? I remember the first time I saw it, i thought it looked so stupid and I said to my self I would never play a game that went backwards with its graphics... Sure enough a friend convinced me to try it, and I was hooked. I quit after 3 months because I was spending to much time on it. Just recently I started playing again because another friend told me to since he was starting a server about a year after I had stopped.

So who else here plays the game? What do you like to do to pass time on it?

My kids love this game for some reason. I call it "Minecrack" since they're so addicted to it.

If they'd had to put up with the 8-bit crap we played as kids, maybe they wouldn't find it so addicting... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones