1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MissedIt and K9 Mail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by whitedragon551, Dec 25, 2011.

1. whitedragon551

I have switched from the Gmail app to K9 mail so I can get notifications on email through MissedIt. However it doesnt detect my emails. It works fine for text messages and phone calls, but wont count any emails. I have it setup and all the names and references are right. Any ideas or perhaps settings I should change to see if it helps?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. whitedragon551

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Go to Missed It! On your app drawer, then select Monitored Elements>Menu>Add>Select K9>It will prompt you to edit what the alert wil say, then press ok and you're good to go.

4. whitedragon551

Already added. The string names match in my formatting as well.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Maybe the widget is just too small to show the notification? I use the stock email app so I can't be sure about K9. I tried that before and it worked though.

6. whitedragon551

Everything fits on the screen fine. It just doesnt count the emails.

[​IMG]

7. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

Do you have Missed It enabled as an Accessibility service? You have to do this to get notifications from apps. From the home screen choose Menu > Accessibility and then make sure Missed It! is checked, as well as Accessibility.

whitedragon551 likes this.
  8. whitedragon551

You would think so since I get them from missed phone calls and text messages just fine.

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I'd say just check. I can't be certain, but I remember when I first installed missed it, it was turned off.

AFAIK Missed It! Doesn't need that permission to access SMS and call log data.

whitedragon551 likes this.
  10. whitedragon551

Have any idea how to get to the Accessibility services in MIUI? I cant find it anywhere.

11. whitedragon551

That was it. Thanks. I used this method here:

12. whitedragon551

Tried this with the Gmail app. No dice. Any idea why MissedIt doesnt pick up Gmail notifications, but K9 Mail notifications with a Gmail account?

13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The new update with Gmail app doesn't allow third party apps to check it.

14. meme405

meme405 Member

Okay not to thread jack but this seems like a resonable place to ask.

Does anyone else get weird numbers with K9-mail notifications on missedit?

Like if i have 6 emails sometimes it shows up as like 15 on missedit. For now the only number that seems to work right everytime is when i only have 1 email. Otherwise missedit always shows i have way more emails than i actually do...

15. whitedragon551

MissedIt picks them up, but only if the latest Gmail app is set to notify in the status bar. The way I had things setup was no SMS or emails would notify in the status bar. MissedIt would be hidden until I had a notification at which point it would count.

16. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't checked this in a while. I did notice you thanked someone else for telling you to do the same thing I said. Oh well, as long as it helped.