• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Missing Droid X Real-World Give-Away" Contest (1st Post:Updated)

28392071.jpg

EXIF IFD0

* Camera Make {0x010F} = Canon
* Camera Model {0x0110} = Canon EOS 300D DIGITAL
* X-Resolution {0x011A} = 180/1 ===> 180
* Y-Resolution {0x011B} = 180/1 ===> 180
* X/Y-Resolution Unit {0x0128} = inch (2)
* Last Modified Date/Time {0x0132} = 2009:09:25 14:20:29
* Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) {0x0213} = centered / center of pixel array (1)
* Related Image Width {0x1001} = 2048 pixels
* Related Image Length {0x1002} = 1360 pixels
* Custom Rendered {0xA401} = normal process (0)
* Exposure Mode {0xA402} = auto exposure (0)
* White Balance {0xA403} = auto (0)
* Scene Capture Type {0xA406} = standard (0)

Upvote 0
I just got back from Hoover Dam after spending about 45 minutes looking for that "dam" thing. I didn't think it would be there, but after going there I'm almost certain it wasn't there. It just didn't make any sense. It was 106 degrees at 6pm and there was no where to leave it. Plus, they check your car for bombs before you can even get close to the dam so I find it hard to believe that anyone could leave a suspicious package anywhere. The visitor's center was closed so I couldn't try the lost and found, but I just don't think it was there. My guess is that they're going to drag this out a little bit and the the clue is just marketing for saying how powerful the X is.

Anyway, a friendly officer there enjoyed my story and couldn't really think of anything else as a source of power. There is a solar power plant/field about 10 or 15 miles from Hoover Dam, but it is so remote, I didn't even bother to check it.

Upvote 0
I drove around the Texas Motor Speedway's parking lot today but never found anything. (However, that place is huge and has so much parking and camping areas around it that I could spend half a day out there and still miss a lot of areas) I also found that tower that was pictured above, but there was nothing around. I also checked the nearest Best Buy and Verizon Wireless stores, and the employees were clueless and I didn't see anything.

The search continues...

Upvote 0
You guys have seen The Amazing Race right? Maybe they put boxes in the locations, similar to the one's used on that show. On the box it could say something like, "X lies here. Send this code to us: _______"

In the blank would be a code that you tweet as a reply back to DL. Then they would send you the info to get your Droid X..

Just a theory, who really knows at this point with these crazy hints lol!

Upvote 0
You guys have seen The Amazing Race right? Maybe they put boxes in the locations, similar to the one's used on that show. On the box it could say something like, "X lies here. Send this code to us: _______"

In the blank would be a code that you tweet as a reply back to DL. Then they would send you the info to get your Droid X..

Just a theory, who really knows at this point with these crazy hints lol!

I suppose that's plausible, but that really doesn't fit the whole "escaped Droid" game they got going on; it's not really an "escaped" Droid X if they just end up sending it to you. But who knows. I doubt I'll find one anyway. Columbus is about an hour south of Atlanta and it's a military town. They're more likely to be in or near major cities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones