• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mist in screen!

jccage

May 22, 2011
Hey guys, so I did a test on my defy and just dropped it in some water and took it out and it was fine. I left it for a day or so and there was some mist on the side of the screen, I turned it on and now the whole screen is misted!

Anyway on how to get rid of it (so it won't come back) or will I need to take it back?

Please help!

Put it in a bowl of rice, it might deal with the condensation.

Yeah I would take it back for a replacement, don't think it's meant to do that, sure it's touted as being waterproof / shockproof, but it's still no JCB phone. I think it's waterproof rating was downgraded slightly because of varying quality / fit of the seals, esp. at the USB port.

Ofcourse, some people
have been happily dunking their phones in pools with no ill effects, personally I wouldn't do it. It's better than most phones but not ruggedized like a JCB phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones