• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MLB AT BAT Android on sale in March

sorry if i'm confused but i thought the iphone app doesnt have live streaming video unless they pay much much more for the mlb.tv subscription... so therefore i think the $14.99 version forthe iphone is the same as android isnt it?

also, i just installed it on my droid but my friend has a cliq which is not 2.0.. can anyone confirm that this app works for 1.x phones?

Upvote 0
sorry if i'm confused but i thought the iphone app doesnt have live streaming video unless they pay much much more for the mlb.tv subscription... so therefore i think the $14.99 version forthe iphone is the same as android isnt it?

also, i just installed it on my droid but my friend has a cliq which is not 2.0.. can anyone confirm that this app works for 1.x phones?

there are about 1-2 games a day you get streamed for free. Also have the option to purchase a game for .99.

Upvote 0

So, I have a Cliq as well and audio for the Giants/M's game is not working. Everything else works fine, the video highlights look great. Not sure if I'm just getting poor reception, or if it's a problem with this particular game, or if it's Android 1.5 vs 2.1...

Anyway, I probably won't listen to too many ST games anyway, and the Cliq update for 2.1 should be coming in the next month or so, so hopefully it's not a big deal.

Upvote 0
I think i'll eventually get this closer to opening day but money is a little tight right now on my end..
As for the people who have it now, how are the updates handled? I've never tired at bat but if it was like the way gameday did updates it should be interesting. Say some player hits a homerun from a team i'm following, is there like a notification and a replay?

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if the "search for video by player name" function will be available for Android. I was pretty excited about that.

I'm thinking (hoping) that there are some additional functions added to the Android version as the season nears. For instance, this "At the Ballpark" option that everyone has been talking about on all the iPhone forums doesn't appear to have been included in the Android version. I'm just hoping that Android isn't treated like a red-headed stepchild.

I am happy to have the app on my phone though!!

I honestly don't think MLB will drop the ball on this. This app is a pretty decent money maker for them (or at least was last year with the iPhone). I have a feeling sales will look pretty similar for Android and quite a few being sold for Blackberry too.

Upvote 0
i wonder if i email them will they answer me.. i would like to buy it on my nexus but would also like to use it on my itouch. dont wanna buy 2 versions

I am very very sure you have buy per platform.
This app is only linked to my google account so, i cant see you you could login to the app on an iphone or Iwhatever.

its not like slacker radio app that requires email addy login.
also no, buying this wont give you access to any PC versions or vise versa for the other guy who asked that.

Upvote 0
This app has so much more potential. There are no notifications, which would be great on score changes, or homers or however we wanted to set it up like per player. post game interviews, pre game videos.

Why not bring in MLB network for highlights type analysis like sprint has NFL network

and what i would really want to see (besdes live video)would be access to the archive audio games

iv only had things thing a few hours and it seems awesome so far, but so much more potential. we paid 15 bucks, i for one expect lots of additions and updates over the season. dont get me wrong, still the most exciting app for me yet for android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones