• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help mms issue with cm7 for cricket huawei ascend

so i updated my cricket ascend to the to the latest rom version on 2.3.4 and my mms works execpt for people send me pics from verizon and srpint. then i flashed the 0708 zip file on my ascend and it was just from verizon. and she has an iphone is it my phone? the rom? her phone? or her company? which is it?

so i updated my cricket ascend to the to the latest rom version on 2.3.4 and my mms works execpt for people send me pics from verizon and srpint. then i flashed the 0708 zip file on my ascend and it was just from verizon. and she has an iphone is it my phone? the rom? her phone? or her company? which is it?

More than likely, it's the iPhone-CM7 thing. For some unexplained reason, lots of users here have reported that they do not receive MMS from iPhone users while running a CM7 ROM.
The developers of CM7 for the ASCEND have looked into this & haven't found the cause.
If someone decides to make this their pet-project & find the cause & solution as someone did w/the LED light issue, then we might have a fix sometime down the road.
Otherwise,a fix isn't in the cards,reason being this phone is probably developed as far as it's gonna go,at least w/CM7.
As for CM9(ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0) for the ASCEND no one knows at this point.Early reports of ICS stated that it could run on all ANDROID phones,so,a version of CM9 would be the only way we'd ever see ICS on the ASCEND,as both CRICKET & METRO PCS have stopped selling & supporting it,only honoring warranty/replacement service,with no more upgrades to the operating system.
So,in a word,a possible future port of CM9 is probably the only chance of a fix for iPhone-CM7 MMS issues.Same with those experiencing GPS issues.

Upvote 0
More than likely, it's the iPhone-CM7 thing. For some unexplained reason, lots of users here have reported that they do not receive MMS from iPhone users while running a CM7 ROM.
The developers of CM7 for the ASCEND have looked into this & haven't found the cause.
If someone decides to make this their pet-project & find the cause & solution as someone did w/the LED light issue, then we might have a fix sometime down the road.
Otherwise,a fix isn't in the cards,reason being this phone is probably developed as far as it's gonna go,at least w/CM7.
As for CM9(ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0) for the ASCEND no one knows at this point.Early reports of ICS stated that it could run on all ANDROID phones,so,a version of CM9 would be the only way we'd ever see ICS on the ASCEND,as both CRICKET & METRO PCS have stopped selling & supporting it,only honoring warranty/replacement service,with no more upgrades to the operating system.
So,in a word,a possible future port of CM9 is probably the only chance of a fix for iPhone-CM7 MMS issues.Same with those experiencing GPS issues.

thanks but i also wasnt getting mms from my one my friends who has an android from sprint. also when i flashed the 09132011 file my phone kept rebooting on its own and it would foreclose an app that i would open e.g. browser, settings, etc.. are those just bugs that the rom has?

Upvote 0
do i have to buy the premium for that? cause i have to buy the premium to download the roms now

Only on the weekends the roms say you have to buy the premium. During the week they are free.

Also you dont even need RM if you download the zips from PG's wiki and do it all manually which is just as easy and better in my opinion. Honestly thats probably why you have rebooting and FC issues. RM is glitchy and not always that great at wiping things.

Upvote 0

You don't need the PREMIUM version of ROM MANAGER to run FIX PERMISSIONS.
The one advantage of running FIX PERMISSIONS via ROM MANAGER is that you can actually watch it run & see which permissions are being fixed,therefore, aiding in troubleshooting.

You can also run FIX PERMISSIONS via CWM RECOVERY.
An app in the MARKET,aptly named FIX PERMISSIONS, is also available.
Try all three & see which one works best for you.

Upvote 0
You don't need the PREMIUM version of ROM MANAGER to run FIX PERMISSIONS.
The one advantage of running FIX PERMISSIONS via ROM MANAGER is that you can actually watch it run & see which permissions are being fixed,therefore, aiding in troubleshooting.

You can also run FIX PERMISSIONS via CWM RECOVERY.
An app in the MARKET,aptly named FIX PERMISSIONS, is also available.
Try all three & see which one works best for you.

will do thanks:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones