• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS Issue

dukefenix

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
Hello everybody! I searched around the forum for this answer but couldnt find one. I am having issues with my MMS. Whenever someone sends me an MMS, i receive a message with the size of the picture and a button that says DOWNLOAD. I click on it but in never loads, it just says downloading...

Any ideas? Is there a setting i need to adjust?
I already tried taking the battery out, tried resetting wi-fi....
I am on Metro PCS $50 plan.
Thanks!

Hello everybody! I searched around the forum for this answer but couldnt find one. I am having issues with my MMS. Whenever someone sends me an MMS, i receive a message with the size of the picture and a button that says DOWNLOAD. I click on it but in never loads, it just says downloading...

Any ideas? Is there a setting i need to adjust?
I already tried taking the battery out, tried resetting wi-fi....
I am on Metro PCS $50 plan.
Thanks!

If you're wifi is on. Turn it off and try again with the data service.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Also, I've been finding trouble with MMS on both ends if the number shows a +1. I cannot call a number with this either as it will just say "Call Dropped". Not sure exactly why but, Metro PCS numbers are the only ones that show up on my phone with the +1.

Have you tried redialing the number without the +1? The plus and one is the US country code and isn't needed for dialing withing the united states.
Also check your network settings and make sure that your phone stays on your providers network and doesn't roam. You can't send or receive mms when you are roaming.

Upvote 0
Have you tried redialing the number without the +1? The plus and one is the US country code and isn't needed for dialing withing the united states.
Also check your network settings and make sure that your phone stays on your providers network and doesn't roam. You can't send or receive mms when you are roaming.
I have the same problem. I check everything but I'm not on roaming but it still doesn't work.

Upvote 0
installed cm7 the latest build and mms wont work. Used the 1.3 metroOFF fix but no help. I flashed it using cwm 2.5.8. somethin. Do I needa flash using the 3.xxx cwm? Please help. And when if I do thts all tht needs to be done. I don't have to mess with apns?
Only thing you need to do after flashing metroff (which can be flashed at the same time with the ROM n gapps), is to open the app drawer, open the VOICE DIALER, and then say into it 'OPEN A P N's', then select the MetroPCS APN and make sure the green dot it showing, hit the back button n reboot. MMS should work now.

Upvote 0
I have the latest and greatest CWM & CM7...along with MetrOff.

However, I attempt to change the Metro APNs to the correct setting 16 instead of 027, save it, then it goes back to the APNs screen where NOTHING is listed.

If I click "restore default", it takes it back to the 027 setting. NO MMS for Metro will work with that setting.

WTF is going on? Any ideas would be really helpful as I am getting very sick of trying to mod my phone to work properly...especially when the instructions are not working.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have the latest and greatest CWM & CM7...along with MetrOff.

However, I attempt to change the Metro APNs to the correct setting 16 instead of 027, save it, then it goes back to the APNs screen where NOTHING is listed.

If I click "restore default", it takes it back to the 027 setting. NO MMS for Metro will work with that setting.

WTF is going on? Any ideas would be really helpful as I am getting very sick of trying to mod my phone to work properly...especially when the instructions are not working.

Thanks

If I am not mistaken when you open Apn you need to go down to username and make sure it is your #@mymetropcs.com. Also my mnc is 027 and everything works. well almost everything I did notice when my friend sent a pic message from Iphone I couldnt dl it but when I did it from my wifes metro phone it dl

Upvote 0
No settings need edited AT ALL! just enable the metro APN and its all set. I dont have a clue what any of you are doing wrong, but thats where the problem lays guys. I have flashed every version of metroff and they all work. The 1.3 which I modified to remove the roaming off indicator and converted to work with CWM 2 and/or CWM3 works just as well. And trust me when I say I have prolly flashed my ascend more than most of all you put together lol.

Upvote 0
No settings need edited AT ALL! just enable the metro APN and its all set. I dont have a clue what any of you are doing wrong, but thats where the problem lays guys. I have flashed every version of metroff and they all work. The 1.3 which I modified to remove the roaming off indicator and converted to work with CWM 2 and/or CWM3 works just as well. And trust me when I say I have prolly flashed my ascend more than most of all you put together lol.

Well...I'm not doing anything wrong. I can guarantee that. I have flashed the MetrOff, left it alone, made sure thte green dot was lit on it...and still NOTHING! No MMS.

Nice try, but with so many of us having problems with this, doing exactly what we are being told to do as what is written, you can't blame us! There seems to be something wrong with the code that no one has figured out yet.

Also, CM7 seems to be doing a lot of crashing and stalling on the boot animation.

I think I'm going to reflash and wipe everytthing and go back to CM6. These headaches just are not worth it. Especially when we are the ones that are getting blamed for "doing something wrong".

Common sense....too many people having the same problem, it's not the users but the program!

Upvote 0
Well...I'm not doing anything wrong. I can guarantee that. I have flashed the MetrOff, left it alone, made sure thte green dot was lit on it...and still NOTHING! No MMS.

Nice try, but with so many of us having problems with this, doing exactly what we are being told to do as what is written, you can't blame us! There seems to be something wrong with the code that no one has figured out yet.

Also, CM7 seems to be doing a lot of crashing and stalling on the boot animation.

I think I'm going to reflash and wipe everytthing and go back to CM6. These headaches just are not worth it. Especially when we are the ones that are getting blamed for "doing something wrong".

Common sense....too many people having the same problem, it's not the users but the program!
I have to agree with this. Not every Ascend is the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones