• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MMS stopped working

I am running KaosFroyo v37. I have Droid Wall installed and I've allowed Messenging and Handcent through. Also, I've turned on 3G. Anytime I try to download a MMS it fails. Even when I disable Droid Wall it fails. Help :thinking:

Hello supra.

The KaosFroyo ROM has been worked over quite thoroughly by the dev wrt mms functionality; I think about 10 of the 30-some releases have change log notes about mms.

I never had an issue with mms after v24. What I would do, if an issue like you're describing came up, would be to take the trouble to re-flash the ROM, even though that issue is isolated and no other problems are showing up. Also, just my opinion, but I'd never use Droid Wall.

The reason for the re-flash would be to head off other possible things that could crop up or could be lurking in the background after attempting to disable Droid Wall (I hate those things).

Upvote 0
I am running KaosFroyo v37. I have Droid Wall installed and I've allowed Messenging and Handcent through. Also, I've turned on 3G. Anytime I try to download a MMS it fails. Even when I disable Droid Wall it fails. Help :thinking:

While you say that you have turned on 3G, have you also turned off WiFi? If WiFi is active it will be used for all network data.

I do have to say that I hardly ever receive MMS messages, but I was also unable to get video messages to work with Kaos the one time that I received one a few months ago.

Upvote 0
Hello supra.

The KaosFroyo ROM has been worked over quite thoroughly by the dev wrt mms functionality; I think about 10 of the 30-some releases have change log notes about mms.

I never had an issue with mms after v24. What I would do, if an issue like you're describing came up, would be to take the trouble to re-flash the ROM, even though that issue is isolated and no other problems are showing up. Also, just my opinion, but I'd never use Droid Wall.

The reason for the re-flash would be to head off other possible things that could crop up or could be lurking in the background after attempting to disable Droid Wall (I hate those things).
Thanks I think I'm doing to do that. I'm getting frustrated.

Upvote 0
This is what got my MMS working....

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]KaosFroyo V38 [10/28] [FROYO]

1: Download and extract the xml file (xda won't allow me to load the xml file directly) from apns-conf.zip. Download the mms.apk. Place both in your SDK/Tools folder
2: Open your sdk/adb in command prompt on computer, hook up phone
3: Type adb shell to open the terminal emulator
4: Type:
$ su
$ mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
$ rm system/etc/apns-conf.xml
$ rm system/app/Mms.apk
$ exit
5: At the C: prompt, type:
adb push apns-conf.xml system/etc/apns-conf.xml
adb push Mms.apk system/app/Mms.apk
6: Type adb shell, then:
$ cd data/data/com.*.*.telephony/databases
$ rm telephony.db
$ rm mmssms.db
$ exit
$ adb reboot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones