• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Hotspot Blocked for Unlimited Data Plan

PHymas

Lurker
Jul 1, 2017
My sister and I just switched to metro pcs and got the two unlimited lines for $80. I was hoping since I have an unlocked OnePlus 3t without carrier modified firmware I'd be able to use the hotspot without metro knowing about it. But it appears they have some way of being notified whenever it's been activated.

I know you can use FiFox or PDAnet for blutooth connectivity, but all I want to do is give my old phone to my 4 y.o. nephew so he can play pokemon go while out on the town. Unfortunately that app does not support blutooth internet, so I need to be able to put up a hotspot for him. Anyone know a workaround to activate mobile hotspot without metro throwing a hissy fit?

My sister and I just switched to metro pcs and got the two unlimited lines for $80. I was hoping since I have an unlocked OnePlus 3t without carrier modified firmware I'd be able to use the hotspot without metro knowing about it. But it appears they have some way of being notified whenever it's been activated.

I know you can use FiFox or PDAnet for blutooth connectivity, but all I want to do is give my old phone to my 4 y.o. nephew so he can play pokemon go while out on the town. Unfortunately that app does not support blutooth internet, so I need to be able to put up a hotspot for him. Anyone know a workaround to activate mobile hotspot without metro throwing a hissy fit?

2 lines for $100 / hotspot included

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones