• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] CM7 data to ext

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who have not tried this , it is incorporated in to CM7 Beta 5 and it works great . If I woulda known JUST how well it worked , I would have installed it earlier . That darned Hroark is a genius . :D

I tried to sell you on it Biker. You should trust your old buddy, Wy, the unemployed salesman. I can only sell what I believe in. Getting out of sales anyway, except to sell good ideas on this forum.

Since I had already installed it, when I flashed the zip for Beta 5, it turned out that my user apps and settings, contacts, etc. stayed installed if I did not do a factory reset.

And without having to do the A2SD or S2E shuffle.

The word is Elegant.

Upvote 0
I know man ..... I shoulda took your word for it but ya know how it is when ya get comfortable with something that is working properly (S2E) .
As for the apps remaining after installation of Beta 5 , I noticed that too but went ahead and did a factory wipe and cleared the dalvik . Ya know ........ just in case . LOL . It only took a minute to install my missing apps w/ Titanium anyways . Man , I tell ya . That Titanium Pro was a good investment . :D

Upvote 0
I know man ..... I shoulda took your word for it but ya know how it is when ya get comfortable with something that is working properly (S2E) .
As for the apps remaining after installation of Beta 5 , I noticed that too but went ahead and did a factory wipe and cleared the dalvik . Ya know ........ just in case . LOL . It only took a minute to install my missing apps w/ Titanium anyways . Man , I tell ya . That Titanium Pro was a good investment . :D

I agree Titanium Pro was one of the best things I ever bought from the market.

Upvote 0
I agree Titanium Pro was one of the best things I ever bought from the market.

Might just be me, but it seems that suddenly it is having some problems restoring system apps since I moved to CM7 and especially now with using sd-ext as the data partition. Also not as good as it once was at moving apps between system and data.

But still saves my butt everyday 50 different ways. Best app I have bought. Plus Root Explorer.

Upvote 0
Might just be me, but it seems that suddenly it is having some problems restoring system apps since I moved to CM7 and especially now with using sd-ext as the data partition. Also not as good as it once was at moving apps between system and data.

But still saves my butt everyday 50 different ways. Best app I have bought. Plus Root Explorer.
I haven't had any issues restoring system apps, odd. But moving them I have had all kinds of issues with. But it still makes my life easier, especially since I flash and restore my phone at least 5 times a day due to testing mods.

Upvote 0
I haven't had any issues restoring system apps, odd. But moving them I have had all kinds of issues with. But it still makes my life easier, especially since I flash and restore my phone at least 5 times a day due to testing mods.

This last fresh install of Beta 5, I forced myself to install everything fresh from market. It was probably unnecessary but after backing them up Titanium seems to be running better. Some apps I still have backed up and uninstalled since ShabbyMod. Probably some old stuff was corrupted.

Have never had any problems with TB until recently anyway.

Upvote 0
This last fresh install of Beta 5, I forced myself to install everything fresh from market. It was probably unnecessary but after backing them up Titanium seems to be running better. Some apps I still have backed up and uninstalled since ShabbyMod. Probably some old stuff was corrupted.

Have never had any problems with TB until recently anyway.

That could be.

Upvote 0

Dude , I'm having the same problem too . Just started happening yesterday . Reverted back to Beta4 and all is running smoothly . I've never had a problem with Titanium til now . I think one or more of the apps I installed is causing a conflict somewhere . I'm gonna try and troubleshoot it this weekend .

Upvote 0
in installed cm7 beta 5 to try it out this morning, questions
1: data2sd is incorportated with this verrsion i dont have to download this???
2: if i can get kk2.0 to work right like i want it can i use that with cm7 beta 5

I don't believe you have to install cm7d2x.zip if you installed the mapfix with data2sd hotfix installed from the official CM7 thread. Since it would be redundant.

The one I'm talking about is mapfixkrnl-ext.zip from the CM7 thread. This should be the map fix with the kernel changes for app2sd already in it.

Then again I could be wrong but it seems logical to me.

Upvote 0
I don't believe you have to install cm7d2x.zip if you installed the mapfix with data2sd hotfix installed from the official CM7 thread. Since it would be redundant.

The one I'm talking about is mapfixkrnl-ext.zip from the CM7 thread. This should be the map fix with the kernel changes for app2sd already in it.

Then again I could be wrong but it seems logical to me.

you are right

and as far as I know Kouma Kernel will not work with CM7

Upvote 0
you are right

and as far as I know Kouma Kernel will not work with CM7

correct. it'll boot, but nothing will work, no wifi, no 3g, no phone. Nothing of any value.

I tried sifting through them both to find a way to make KK universal, but CM7 is just laid out too different. If init (the process that runs init.rc) were to support any kind of if statement, it would be all good.

Hmmmm. I wonder.....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones