• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD][WIP] LG Esteem's Bootimages

Okay I am trying to install LG Esteem's Bootlogo/Splash screen into Motion and Spirit.

No, I am not talking about the 'boot animation', Boot Logo is simpler company logo that comes up before the animation.

Once you turn on LG phone you see the static LG logo first, it quickly disappears then the second LG Logo comes up. LG Esteem has much cooler boot logo (3d face turning, shape turns into LG etc..) while Spirit/Motion has simple light shining LG Logo.

My initial attemp was simplying copying Esteem's /bootimages, into Motion and Spirit. But bootimages are included in kernel, it will be reset displaying original images.

Thus this has to be done on kernel modification level. If someone can play with Esteem's Bootlogo and include in the Spirit/Motion kernel that would be nice :) It's beyond my capability at this moment hehe..

ON_480x800_12fps_00004.rle-2.png

ON_480x800_12fps_00007.rle-2.png

ON_480x800_12fps_00013.rle-2.png

ON_480x800_12fps_00015.rle-2.png

Waste of time if you ask me lol. The boot logo is something you don't often see unless you're rebooting your phone many times per day and it's very short.

Also the rle from the esteem are 480x800 so you'll need to resize them to 540x960 and expanding those images might distort them.

If your still going to proceed with this your gonna have to grab the stock boot.img and make your changes to the ramdisk and then loki it. Basically making your own basic kernel.

Upvote 0
Okay here's what I stand.

Since Spirit is my main phone, I cannot keep testing with it so I switched testing environemnt to Motion, started from scratch;; KDZ restore, make nand backup, extract boot etc etc

In conclusion, it boots fine but as GT pointed out the size is different so I don't see the full animation, I see only upper left corner.

Another problem is the sequence length, since file numbers are different I duplicated last image, it's somewhat short..

But still, it boots fine and the images are definitely Esteem's, Let me continue another thread @ Motion :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones