• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I was there, same username!

Must have been flashing 3 times a day, I had a love hate relationship with my omnia, damn if the screen were bigger I would still be using it with android on it!

did they ever get android working on it? I know they were trying for awhile but i never heard if they succeeded

Upvote 0
Last I heard there was no UI, or working touchscreen.

You know hardware wise, it wasn't a bad phone, aside from resistive touch and that god awful low resolution.

The camera was top notch and still stands as one of the top cameras in a phone imo, even by today's standards.

resolution was a pain, and i didnt mind the touch screen till i played on my girls envy touch, was like WOW that is responsive! +100 on camera also, was the greatest, most under rated phone of its time IMO. Of course a lot of its staying power was because of you and some of the other chefs; necosino, rob storm, lyorite(close enough), bgill55, blazingwolf(whatever happened to him?)

Upvote 0
blazingwolf chills at ppcgeeks still. I see him now and again and have him on gtalk :) He has moved onto Android as well. Lyorite was getting ready to, not sure if he did or not.

Talked to lyorite bout a month ago at modaco. Said he wasn't due his upgrade for a couple months yet. Would love to get all the old omnia chefs on here. Hopefully after froyo and some better rooting more will be converted

Upvote 0
Yeah I could always use help. Tried porting a .34 kernel to the DI recently and failed miserably.

Yea i consider myself tech savvy (dont we all) but i have no idea wtf you just said:D:D
Maybe you should convince blazingwolf to get him an incredible and join the club, your not superman... (your not right?):cool:

Upvote 0
I was a lurker at Modaco and PPCgeeks with my Omnia. Same user name. I actually had to reactivate and use my Omnia a few days ago when I couldn't find my Dinc. I could barely remember how to use it. Luckily I found my Dinc the next day. Life is good again.

Sounds like you need "where's my Droid" :rolleyes:

Reactions: yojoe600
Upvote 0
I came from the Omnia, god I loved that thing and Modaco. Although I grew fond of sticking around OmniaRoms.com

Anyway, I think Lioryte is here too...

Lioryte, Necosino and Andrynalyn are the only people i've recognized

Where have you seen Lioryte? Pretty sure he is still at modaco. +1 on omniaroms though, was a good secondary resource for the omnia

Upvote 0
I came from the Omnia, god I loved that thing and Modaco. Although I grew fond of sticking around OmniaRoms.com

Anyway, I think Lioryte is here too...

Lioryte, Necosino and Andrynalyn are the only people i've recognized

Where have you seen Lioryte? Pretty sure he is still at modaco. +1 on omniaroms though, was a good secondary resource for the omnia

bump

Upvote 0
I came from Modaco as well had an Omnia that I bough from VZW when they first came out for $50 later sold it for $150 on ebay and bought the Incredible on Pre-Order. Always enjoyed Andrynalyn's rom's for my Omnia

He was a great help on there, glad he's here with us now. Necosino had some good roms also

Upvote 0
So since we are talking about the Omnia, the DINC and Modaco I'd like to ask a question...

My DINC is being sent out due to a shattered digitizer (i know, its sucks). So I am reactivating my Omnia. I turned it on to find I still had a lite Lioryte rom which is cool, but seriously...F*%! windows mobile.

I remember the myth of the ever great AndrOmnia, did that ever happen? Was it on the i910? I'd like to spend the next week or so getting that on to my phone if possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones