• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Modding Idea= Put optical pad from the HTC Desire on a Nexus One

defiantbeast

Nov 24, 2009
Philadelphia
Just a thought that ive been toying with, switching out the optical pad of an htc desire or incredible and placing it into the slot for the trackball on the nexus one. I know that i would lose out on the visual notification effects from the trackball but im not rooted so im stuck with a plain old white light. From what ive read in a few reviews the optical bad is more precise than the trackball, so it seems like a good trade off. I usually do some type of moding to my phone so its not a big deal to me just curious to see what everyone else thinks, not to mention that the very rare Nexus One would be all the more rare and exclusive because of this mod. Any thoughts?

Because, in not a huge fan off the sense ui, and I would lose my 3g speeds(in on tmobile). It was just a thought that occurred to me, plus I like having my nexus different from everybody elses. I gave serious thought to sending my nexus off to colorware to have a custom color but in the end decided it was too expensive. Im sure that it would just be a matter of poping out the trackball module and poping in the optic module, ive replaced trackball modules on my old black berry pearl. Just thought it would be different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones