• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Modified Flash for Hulu on Droid X?

eulerphi8

Jul 21, 2010
[Fix] Hulu working + Flash.apk November 13 - xda-developers

Has anyone tried this? I tried on my DX running Fission 2.1, but it told me I need a newer version of Flash even though it's meant to be the latest one. It seems like people with other devices were having the same problem. Anyone know if we can get something like this for the DX?

Edit: Used the method posted by sund0wn posted below and worked great. The full version of Hulu.com at 360p plays quite smoothly on the Droid X on both the stock browser and Dolphin HD.

The following is the info posted by travisn000 over at http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-how-tos/5471-hulu-works.html.

hulu
is ~working~ once again from my Droid X browser using a modified libflashplayer.so from xda

Complete instructions (requires ROOT):

1) Set your browsers to use "Desktop" user agent; xScope has a setting for this in its settings page; for the standard browser you must type about:debug followed by the enter key in the URL bar, then go into setting and you should have the option to change it near the bottom of the settings screen.

2)Start with the current (v10.1.105.6) flashplayer installed from the market, use Titanium backup to wipe it's data, but leave it installed (back up first if you like)

3) Downlaod and extract liblibflashplayer.so from this zip (libflashplayer.so.fix.10.1.105.6.zip) onto your sdcard (..if link doesn't work, get it from the source link below these instructions)

4) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/
(..if you have problems make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so are rwxr-xr-x )

5) Browse to hulu.com and enjoy!

(based on xda thread / post: xda - android flash hex edited to look like windows )

Sweet I have this working on my phone!! It would not at first using the default browser. I had to go back in when I was done and reset the browser to desktop (about:bebug) and now it is working. It would not at first and I tried a reboot and everything, but redoing the desktop setting made it working. I am watching hulu streams on dishonline now, which I could not before and it is feeding great over 3G at work.

Upvote 0
@dotpage If you read my post above #16 it explains that about:debug doesn't do anything once you hit go. It worked though. Just go into settings after you do that and scroll all the way to the bottom and pick UAString. When that opens simply pick "Desktop." Congrats you are now ready to watch Hulu!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones