• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Modified]Notification System

I don't know... it's a decent idea in theory - but to add basically 1 million words to to a filter each and every post has to go through? Gah.

Well, as an option that users could turn on themselves in User CP - isn't a bad thought. I'll see if I can find a product for it. If so we'll give it a test (our server load already stinks). If not, this would have to go on the developers to-do list .. which will take a long time, likely.

Good thinking though.

Upvote 0
Personally, it's a neat idea but I don't see it as being very practical.

Wouldn't this slow the site down a decent amount? I don't see enough of a pay-off for that myself. Now, if I were wrong about it slowing things down, then I don't see it being a huge problem (unless it's really hard for the devs to implement). I still don't see a need for it though, but it would be okay if you could choose to turn it on/off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones