• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More questions please?

Please could someone tell me whats happening with my phone, thanks.
Why don't I get an audible alert when I get a text message, I used to?

Why does my phone keep going into silent mode and making me miss audible reminders to take my medication?

Why do I sometimes get people on my contacts list phoning me telling me I rang them when I never.

It's lika a phantom is changing my settings.

Many thanks

Could be some application you have installed that alters ringer settings, or perhaps a Huawei feature. Something that mutes according to calendar, or phone orientation (muted when face down, for example). Not a built-in android feature, but there are apps or manufacturer customisations that can do this. Or maybe even something trivial like the "volume down" button being pressed when in your pocket?

Only guessing though. I guess you have done the obvious like checked the text notification settings, ringer volume etc to see whether these have been changed?

Upvote 0
Could be some application you have installed that alters ringer settings, or perhaps a Huawei feature. Something that mutes according to calendar, or phone orientation (muted when face down, for example). Not a built-in android feature, but there are apps or manufacturer customisations that can do this. Or maybe even something trivial like the "volume down" button being pressed when in your pocket?

Only guessing though. I guess you have done the obvious like checked the text notification settings, ringer volume etc to see whether these have been changed?
Hi

thanks, I don't know how to check the text notification because I cannot find where it s on the phone.
Does the phone change its settings if face down?

What other apps could alter my settings without me knowing?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones