• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto G will not turn on.

mattsd

Mar 18, 2013
Hi all. So my girlfriend's Moto G that was working yesterday is not working today. She was out of town, I put the sim card in and charged it up then put it back in the box yesterday. She came home today and we're trying to turn it on and it won't show any signs of life. I thought that maybe the battery had run itself totally down so now it's plugged in but it won't turn on and there's no light etc. A few minutes ago for a bout 20 seconds the notification light came on and stayed on then nothing.. Any ideas?

I've tried to hard reset the phone by holding the volume down for 3 seconds then pressing power and letting go but still no response... This is very frustrating. :mad:

Hi guys, yes I've tried just about everything I can think of and find online including hard reset. I think maybe it's just borked. Really annoying. I guess it's a chance to see how Motorola deal with customer support. Hopefully they'll expedite the process. It's not cool to be without a phone..

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I have the exactly same problem... I just put it on the charger and I'm waiting till morning. I hope it will work, because i ordered it from amazon.co.uk but I'm from Slovakia and the exchange would last long... Did anyone find out how to fix it?

I was on the phone with Motorola Support for a while. If hard resetting is not working for you and you're not getting any response on the charger it seems that the phone is dead. Call Motorola and see if they can offer you some expedited help. I asked, they basically told me to buy a new phone and that they'd credit this one back to me once they received it. They paid for shipping for the broken one but did nothing for me as far as getting me a new phone.

I ordered from Amazon this time (on the 24th) and the phone showed up one day later. Very good service. If Motorola want you to deal with Amazon then that's probably a good thing as I think Amazon has an edge on speedy delivery and processing.

Let us know what ends up happening.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I bought two Moto g from moto website. After receving, I cheked they were working before wrapping up for Christmas gifts for my son and daughter. My daughter unit wouldn't power up even trying all day on Chrismas, and talking to their tech support on holiday. They finally told me to order another one overnight shipping.

No sale person picked up the line until today, and I spent closer to 2 hours going through 5 people to get my phone order to be shipped overnight. They claimed it is not guarnteed to arrive tomorrow. So far, I haven't received the shipping info yet.

I should have bought it at Amazon and paid $20 or so more for overnight shipping. I like the phone so I am giving it a second try, hoping it was just a bad unit that I got.

Upvote 0
I was on the phone with Motorola Support for a while. If hard resetting is not working for you and you're not getting any response on the charger it seems that the phone is dead. Call Motorola and see if they can offer you some expedited help. I asked, they basically told me to buy a new phone and that they'd credit this one back to me once they received it. They paid for shipping for the broken one but did nothing for me as far as getting me a new phone.

I ordered from Amazon this time (on the 24th) and the phone showed up one day later. Very good service. If Motorola want you to deal with Amazon then that's probably a good thing as I think Amazon has an edge on speedy delivery and processing.

Let us know what ends up happening.[/QUOTE

You're lucky! Ordered mine 23rd on Amazon with one day shipping via Yodel. Still waiting. They got it 23rd and have been sitting on it since. Yodel are truly useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones