• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Droid X VS HTC Droid Incredible: Camera Test

This is interesting because we have experienced the extreme opposite with the Droid X in our testing!!!
The Droid X pictures and video we have taken look terrible almost like the whole image is horribly blurry and steamed up, where the comparable image from the Incredible has been razor Sharp. Could there be a bug in the software of some Droid X phones ??

Upvote 0
This is interesting because we have experienced the extreme opposite with the Droid X in our testing!!!
The Droid X pictures and video we have taken look terrible almost like the whole image is horribly blurry and steamed up, where the comparable image from the Incredible has been razor Sharp. Could there be a bug in the software of some Droid X phones ??

I think that's just good bokeh.

Upvote 0
Since the phone has been released about 10 days ago....its safe to say there may be some bugs here n there...

First Batch, Early Adopter Syndrome....

I figured that must be the case because my father in law's Droid X takes horrible protos and video compared to the Dinc..... VERY Dissapointing for both of us after all the marketing hype of the "X" to say the least !!

Upvote 0
So I decided to take some pics yesterday for personal enjoyment, but I thought I'd share them with you all. These were taken with default settings.

38463_1378758715294_1421670180_31134429_1804662_n.jpg

38641_1378757755270_1421670180_31134428_2329098_n.jpg

38661_1378757115254_1421670180_31134427_1243676_n.jpg

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
i have in DINC and my friend has the X. he is amazed at the pics my phone takes. they seem to be slightly clearer than the X. Clittzen, maybe your DINC lens is scratched or needs to be wiped clean? my pics a super crisp even when zoomed in. the video on the X is def better though. that's just what my friend and i have come to the conclusion of.

Upvote 0
I took this on my Droid Incredible, about 6 inches away from the cat with no flash

luna_is_a_cat_by_pgleo86-d338wo4.jpg

And this, in crappy lighting, with no flash about 3-4 inches away (focused on the area between esc and F1) (yes it is an old keyboard)

keys_by_pgleo86-d338xhs.jpg

In the keyboard photo you can clearly see dust on the keys, and the fur on the cat in that photo. I'd say it does a decent job at least indoors

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones