• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mounting Hero to car USB Charge & Play ?

sconir

May 6, 2010
Hi all, I am having a real pain in the butt trying to mount my Hero via my incar USB port, it reads the same SD card when it's inserted into the car with an adapter onit's own, so I know it's not the card, it seems to be a problem with the delay in the Hero switching the SD card to "Disk drive", I find that if I pull the USB lead out of the car then quickly reinsert it, the SD card then gets seen and I can play music.

This is the same on both mt wifes Nissan and my Honda, so it's not the car readers, I downloaded "Automount" as others reported that that shows up instantly as a simple external drive, but that still did not work, and as the 2.1 now has a choice of default mounting options on inserting a USB cable, I thought thet would have done the same anyway.

Has anybody found a workaround that lets android phones play music in thier cars ?

Cheers

I just plug the cable in the phone and play music, since the phone is connected to an AUX in on my radio. Works just fine.

Thanks, I don't have a seperate Aux in on my car, I can play usb memory sticks if I need, but it would make more sense if I could plug my Hero in and charge, use Bluetooth and play my Mp3's all from the one device, I have tried to select USB debugging as well, but apart from unplugging/re-plugging the usb cable in within about 2 seconds, nothing else seems to work.

It's definately an issue with the Hero's interface delay as it mounts the SD card, I can only presume that the USB drives instantly check the Hero when it's plugged in, and as there is a slight delay, it does not see it and stalls, so by quickly unplugging and replugging the cable, the hero does not have time to unmount the card and the USB drive finds it instantly.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones