• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moved iTunes library to SD card, no apps can see my music

YMark

Aug 1, 2010
Phoenix
Coming from an iPhone, pardon my ignorance. I loaded my SD card with my iTunes music by copying from iTunes library on my Mac to my SD card via "Android File Transfer" on my Mac. Now, none of my music playing apps can see my music. This includes Google Play, Samsung's player, and Amazon Prime's player.

Do I need to install a different app? Any trick I'm missing?

Thanks
Mark

Looks like Double Twist has an issue with Samsung and Marshmallow.

Be aware that this app, which has been AWESOME on Android 4 & 5, does not yet support storage on the SD card with Android 6 (Marshmallow) at least on a Samsung phone. Hopefully the vendor will update the APIs as other apps still support storage on the SD card with 6.0.1 Until then I don't have enough memory to hold my usual song library :-( I know they are trying to push folks to the cloud player, but that app doesn't work as well for some and I've already paid for prem on this app. Please Fix the SD card storage!!

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones