• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MT4G stuck in boot loop

oblivious

Lurker
Jul 12, 2011
Ok, I've looked across a bunch of forums and can't figure this out. I bought a MT4G off ebay. The phone has a problem in that it wont pass the boot screen. I have tried reinstalling the PD15IMG.zip, tried doing a factory hard reset and tried just re-installing CM7. nothing is working. on the PD15IMG.zip, i get the fail-pu on everything, then it gets to the radio, updates to about 95% and stays there. Waited an hour and it didnt move. Any ideas on how to get this thing running?

Phone Info on Boot:

Glacier PVT Ship S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.86.000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot

when trying to install cm7 update, i get an 'error in /sdcard.....' (Status 1) Installation aborted.

thanks!

Ok, I've looked across a bunch of forums and can't figure this out. I bought a MT4G off ebay. The phone has a problem in that it wont pass the boot screen. I have tried reinstalling the PD15IMG.zip, tried doing a factory hard reset and tried just re-installing CM7. nothing is working. on the PD15IMG.zip, i get the fail-pu on everything, then it gets to the radio, updates to about 95% and stays there. Waited an hour and it didnt move. Any ideas on how to get this thing running?

Phone Info on Boot:

Glacier PVT Ship S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.86.000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot

when trying to install cm7 update, i get an 'error in /sdcard.....' (Status 1) Installation aborted.

thanks!

I suggest looking at the reply I made on the other guys post that looks like yours. Your in the same boat kind of but playing with the radio is risky when the system is in good standing, I don't know if you buried your self deeper by trying to flash a new radio, the problem here is you already have true root.

I would try to get the Stock Installed before you did anything else, here's the info...

[RECOVERY] PRE/Post OTA Stock Recovery Images
[RECOVERY] PRE/Post OTA Stock Recovery Images - xda-developers

They should be able to help you out over there but I don't think you'll be in bad shape if the radio isn't a mess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones