• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple favorites widgets for multiple groups

dmchance

Dec 1, 2009
I have looked around a couple forums trying to find an app or process that will allow me a way to select a particular group of contacts as a favorites widget. It would be great if I could have my work contacts as one widget on one screen and my personal favorites on another. I also tried to put the work group into the favorites widget without success. I am one of those people that has several different "scenes" customized depending on where i am and what I'm doing. The current widget just doesn't work for what I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have used the bettercut app to make shortcuts to individual contacts, but that is not really what I'm looking for.

Yes, this is exactly what i am trying to do. By default, the EVO has a widget on one of the screens that is horizontal that contains any contact placed in your favorites group. All i want to do is create another one just like it, but for another group of friends. I cant even find the favorites widget in the widget/app selector. This doesn't seem to be a very far fetched idea, so why is this so difficult? We cant be the first two ppl to have ever wanted to do this.

Upvote 0
That would be the HTC People Widget.

I'm not sure if you can make 2 different groups, but the name of the Widget is "People", theres a 4x4 one and a 2x4

AHHHH! Thank you! i figured it out. I didnt notice that widget before you mentioned, but i chose the "People" widget and once you choose it and choose your design (either 4x4 or 2x4), they allow you to set the group you want. But as far as multiple groups, i dont know. But That is all i needed. I'll try to see if i can find a way to select Multiple. Thanks 'Biggest fro'.

Upvote 0
I too am looking for a 'row' based favorites group with scrolling, identical to the HTC widget, but would prefer it to be a 4x1 or 1x4, the double width and HUGE pictures is not necessary on my Evo. I know aTakePhone by shsh software has a great bar INSIDE their dialer app, I wonder how hard it would be for them to turn that into a widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones