• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple/Randomly Selected Ringtones

Gimpyfish62

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
So I don't know if I posted this in the right section before - I posted it in "Android Applications" so now I'm posting it here.

----------------------------------------------------

So I searched around and haven't found an application that will allow this functionality...

I'm looking to put a SINGLE CONTACT or a SINGLE NOTIFICATION to be able to RANDOMLY SELECT between more than one ring tone option.

For example - I have 2 ring tones that I have previously had set for my text messages on my Droid. I'd love to have the two of them (or even more!) set to a single notification. I'll be more specific. Let's say you were using Mario sound effects for notifications (common!) but you didn't want it to ALWAYS be the coin noise or ALWAYS be the 1-up effect... You wanted to be able to set those both and possibly more to the same thing at the same time but not have them overlapping or looping between the two. You wanted it to SOMETIMES do a coin and SOMETIMES do a 1-up. Is there an application that is capable of doing that?

The actual specific sounds I'm trying to make work are actually sound effects from Ocarina of Time - Navi's famous "HEY!" and "LISTEN!" are the two sound effects I'm trying to get to randomly come up. Right now it's set to just "HEY!"

Also hi, I'm new here.

Loving my Droid <3

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones