• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Format supported by Nexus One

RTFM User's Guide, Page 323 ??
Nexus One user's guide - Nexus One Help

Audio decoders :-
AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+)
Mono/stereo standard bit rates up to 160kbps and sampling
rates from 8kHz to 48kHz
AMR-NB 4.75-12.2kbps sampled @ 8kHz
AMR-WB 9 rates from 6.60kbit/s to 23.85kbit/s sampled @ 16kHz
MP3 mono/stereo 8-320Kbps constant bit rate (CBR) or variable
bit rate (VBR)
MIDI SMF (Type 0 and 1), DLS Version 1 and 2, XMF/Mobile XMF,
RTTTL/RTX, OTA, iMelody
Ogg Vorbis
WAVE (8-bit and 16-bit PCM)
I run .mp3's 192k, from iTunes, sound OK to me but my ears are 62yrs old... Never had any skipping.. Everything else OK with the N1??

Cheers!

Lodger

Upvote 0
RTFM User's Guide, Page 323 ??
Nexus One user's guide - Nexus One Help

I run .mp3's 192k, from iTunes, sound OK to me but my ears are 62yrs old... Never had any skipping.. Everything else OK with the N1??

Cheers!

Lodger

everything is fine I just copied the files I didn't check if they were 192 or 256 or 390. Some play fine and others don't and all are coming from Itunes.

Upvote 0
I would stick with 192kbps for .mp3's as its the best median between size and quality.

Now, unless you are a severe music junky, and you can tell a difference between a 192kbps - 320kbps .mp3 file, then stick with 192.
[you probably could not tell a difference with the speakers on the N1 anyway lol]

If you are really hurting for space, then convert them all to 128kbps.

any lower bitrate than that sounds kind of bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones