• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Formats

Hi all! I am about to get the Galaxy Player 4.0 and was thinking about transferring my music over. I already have an ipod shuffle and was using iTunes for music. I know that with Galaxy Player you can either drag and drop music or use Windows Media player or whatever. Now, my iTunes songs are visible in Windows Explorer, so does anyone know if I drag and drop (or copy and paste) them to the Galaxy Player, using the Explorer not iTunes, (since it appears in Windows Explorer as a removable storage device), then will the Player be able to play them? I've seen that it supports mp3, aac, etc. formats, so I'm thinking it should be able to play these files.

Also, there's a Google Search widget on the Galaxy Player's home screen. I was wondering if that widget can be removed? I used to have an HTC Evo android phone a while back and the home screen widgets could be removed there. Not sure of the flexibility on the Player though.

Thanks for any help!

Can't help you with the iTunes thing because I've never used an iPod before.
The Google search widget can easily be removed from your homescreen by long-pressing it and then dragging it to the trash can icon. Basically, everything you were able to do with your Evo can also be done with the Galaxy Player, with the exception of making phone calls. Its just another Android device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones