• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Player and Video Camcorder issue after Froyo Update

C

cbiffle

Hello All Droids,

I posted the below post last year in August. I upgraded to Froyo on my Incredible and lost the ability to keep the music player going while the camcorder was running. I am fully rooted now and running cynogenmod 7 and things have been running like a charm. But I never got an answer to my question that I had a long time ago.. And all of a sudden it popped back in my head. So this time I decided to post it here.. Does anyone know of a way or an app that does this. Love me some droidz..

Thanks and Cheers for any insight.
Cbiff

Hey Guys and Gals,

Got a weird one here.... I successfully followed the instructions to upgrade to Froyo and got the Root done.

Before I upgraded from 2.1 I could play a song using the media player and then open up the camcorder and take a video and the music would keep playing in the background as kind of the background music for whatever I was recording.

After the update to Froyo now when I have a song playing and I open up the camcorder, the music stops.. Now I figure that this is the way that most of you guys want it.

But I was having one hell of a time playing some Rolling Stones and having my girlfriend lipsync to the entire thing. We were making some great and funny videos.

So my question is, is there any way to get the music player to stay on. Is anyone aware of any settings there are for this.

I am probably going to roll back to 2.1 anyway and wait for the official OTA, but I figure this won't work the way that I want it to when it comes out officially either.

Thanks Incrediusers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones