• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player shuffle repeats songs

therompalace

Nov 21, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but when I have my songs set to shuffle, the player will repeat a set of around 15-20 songs over and over again. I have about 300 songs on my device and I haven't even heard half of them. Is anyone having the same problem? How are people working around this?

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but when I have my songs set to shuffle, the player will repeat a set of around 15-20 songs over and over again. I have about 300 songs on my device and I haven't even heard half of them. Is anyone having the same problem? How are people working around this?

rather than use party shuffle which is a bit naff
go into songs then press menu and click shuffle all

Upvote 0
I have seen that, I looked at the playlist and for some reason it had gone from all songs, to just a couple dozen for no apparent reason.
it happens party shuffle is enabled then you click on playlist on a track and it shows you songs from that album or artist or genre. then when you come back out it will only party shuffle them rather than the full song list

i use my audio alot and if i do it the way i explained then its more random, you do some times get the same songs but its shuffle and its completely random

Upvote 0
Tried a different media player (eg, Meridian)?
I just tried the ^3 (cubed) player, and that is perfect. It has the "shuffle" button right on the player, and it actually seems normally random. You can also click on the album art and select any song from the album or you can swipe up/down or left/right on the album art to go to the next/previous album or the next/previous letter in the alphabet (which is the artist name alphabetical list).

... that's about perfect ... imagine that, normal features ;)

BTW, I didn't mean to post on this thread and bring it back up. I thought I was posting on a music thread in the Incredible forum ... lol

Upvote 0
Could anybdy plz help me with the prob of irritating music player..its so annoyin tat if i am keeping my phone on silent mode in office, i have to make sure the MEDIA VOLUME is kept "zero"..as without doin anythng the music player starts and bang..u hav to unlock the phone and open the music plauyer and stoppp it..such a annoyance...
i jus thnk its sm sort of bug and ppl mite have reported it over and over again...
was jus checkin whehter anybdy has found sm solution to it ?

Upvote 0
Could anybdy plz help me with the prob of irritating music player..its so annoyin tat if i am keeping my phone on silent mode in office, i have to make sure the MEDIA VOLUME is kept "zero"..as without doin anythng the music player starts and bang..u hav to unlock the phone and open the music plauyer and stoppp it..such a annoyance...
i jus thnk its sm sort of bug and ppl mite have reported it over and over again...

I think some people deleted the Music app and used another one.

It happened to me twice, so I decided to always put the media on silent, except when I use it. You could try using a volume widget, I'm sure they exist.

Upvote 0

you are using galax0 1.6.3.x
try reading the many posts regarding this issue.

contrary to belief the only way to work around this problem is to get an audio widget and turn down media volume for speaker. you still need to check if its randomly started playing though or youll suddenly lose battery quicker.

ive tried every media player there is and deleted the default music player and it still does it with those players
worst thing is that once youve deleted the default music apk the only way to get it back is to re flash galaxo in full as pushing it back to the location doesnt work.

deleting the music.apk only works if you dont want music at all and have no intention of installing a different media player

Upvote 0
you are using galax0 1.6.3.x
try reading the many posts regarding this issue.

contrary to belief the only way to work around this problem is to get an audio widget and turn down media volume for speaker. you still need to check if its randomly started playing though or youll suddenly lose battery quicker.

ive tried every media player there is and deleted the default music player and it still does it with those players
worst thing is that once youve deleted the default music apk the only way to get it back is to re flash galaxo in full as pushing it back to the location doesnt work.

deleting the music.apk only works if you dont want music at all and have no intention of installing a different media player

well yss m using galaxo 1.6.3.1 as if now...
there isnt seem to b any perfect solution to tat out of blue starting music player prob..even i agree installin other music player wont help...
i hav noticed though...if i plug in or out the 3.5 jack the prbablty of starting music player is more...is it some sort of bug ?

Upvote 0
well yss m using galaxo 1.6.3.1 as if now...
there isnt seem to b any perfect solution to tat out of blue starting music player prob..even i agree installin other music player wont help...
i hav noticed though...if i plug in or out the 3.5 jack the prbablty of starting music player is more...is it some sort of bug ?

please go to drakaz site and read the support forums.

Reactions: metal23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones