• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player

Why does my music player duplicate some songs? I have to delete them every time, very annoying!

:( your lucky.. for some reason 3 different apps on mine are showing 4 copies of each track even though ES shows there is only 1 as should be.
Ive tried winamp stock player and various others but the only one that is working properly is xplay. Id love to get the stock "play music" app working though as I like the feel of that best.
What players have you used or had the problem with ? did you make a folder on ext card for music or use internal sd ? Be interesting to find out the cause, the only gripe I have is the music apps everything else seems very stable.

Upvote 0
I've had/have duplicates also (AmazonMP3 player and Windows Media Player used for downloads). It really bothered me so I deleted all the duplicates. Well, that messed up my playlists (which had/have no duplicates). I did this twice, and figured having some duplicates (only in the individual songs screen) wasn't that big of a deal after all.

Upvote 0
I've had/have duplicates also (AmazonMP3 player and Windows Media Player used for downloads). It really bothered me so I deleted all the duplicates. Well, that messed up my playlists (which had/have no duplicates). I did this twice, and figured having some duplicates (only in the individual songs screen) wasn't that big of a deal after all.

same thing happens to mine, really %^$$^^^ annoying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones