• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must have applications for android 2.2 froyo?

bennylava

Aug 20, 2011
I have a samsung galaxy S running 2.2 froyo. What are your must have apps for android? What are the ones that everyone should have? Also are there any "must uninstall" apps that came with the phone? Like all that stuff the provider puts on there? I have ATT

I think Must Have apps are ones that suit how you use the phone and what you would like to do with it.... people will have their favourites.

Same with pre-installed apps...mine came with a few of these kinds and the only ones I wanted to get deleted were the game apps....they were just not the kind of games I liked to play.

Some of the pre-installed apps that stayed on my system are thigs like Documents to Go.... to many this is a MUST HAVE app to others it simply isn't. I saw a use for it and kept it.... another in thsi catagory is Aldiko...I at first didn;t think I would ever use this now I use it every night to read a classical book just before bed...to me this is a MUST HAVE app...you will maybe hate reading books on your smartphone.

So you see.... when you ask what is a MUST HAVE app....my question back to you will be... WHAT do you like doing on your system?

Upvote 0
I like being able to tether the phone to a computer using a cable, so I can use the phone as my internet connection. I like being able add and uninstall new apps at will, but I have titanium backup for that. And I want to be able to get rid of those dumb ads that pop up all the time when I'm playing angry birds.

Upvote 0
1. To get rid of ads, pay for them. Ads are what makes those apps free. If there are no ads, then the developer will not earn money. Simple as that. I find it weird why people want free stuff but no ads. Will you waste time working to make thousands of other people enjoy their phones for nothing? doubt it.

2. As previously answered, there is no real list of "must have" apps thats good for everyone. A particular app may be a "must have" for me, but useless to you. As for the things you mentioned you want, that can be done on certain Froyo phones without even downloading anything AFAIK.

Upvote 0
get rid of those dumb ads

If you want to get rid of ads, root your phone and install AdFree. ;)

AdFree Android
by BigTinCan.com
>250,000 downloads, 21993 ratings (4.5 avg)
Free
rating9.png

Upvote 0
I have a samsung galaxy S running 2.2 froyo. What are your must have apps for android? What are the ones that everyone should have?

Get my app list here (including QR codes).

Also are there any "must uninstall" apps that came with the phone? Like all that stuff the provider puts on there? I have ATT

Depending on which apps (like e.g. Facebook, Twitter, and Latitude for me) and which provider they will not be uninstallable unless you have rooted your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones