• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My 100% awake issue fixed

when they deactivated my phone thats the first thing i noticed, i askes the tech if there was a way to delete the google account but she said since its a google based phone you cannot but logging out should do the trick as well.

my buddy from sprint also told me that if your hero was already updated out of the box and you go ahead and do the firmware update it will make it lock at 100% as well.

once again im glad to see that everyone is finding different ways to resolve the awake lock issue.

Upvote 0
I got on the phone with tech support the other day, and had the young woman who helped me look at this thread while we talked. She wasn't sure what the original poster was talking about. And in looking at mv520's post, thought this could be a recipe for disaster if someone didn't know what they were doing. I have my contacts saved to WaveSecure, and the net, so I decided to have her help me do a hard reboot. I'm happy to say that since then my phone is sleeping. I woke it up this morning, and it showed sleeping at 37%. I've not loaded a lot of the programs I originally had on my phone before the reboot, as some of them were designed to help me with the battery issue. Will put them on one by one, and see if any one of them causes a 100% problem again. Was hoping not to have to do a hard reboot, but in the end, it was the only way to solve the problem.

Upvote 0
I don't want it to sleep - I want emails and alarms to work even when the screen is off! How do I force 100% awake time, because i have serious problems with the alarm not working because the phone insists on sleeping all the time, grr! And how much battery does it cost to have 100% awake time, instead of, say, 10%?

Upvote 0
I don't want it to sleep - I want emails and alarms to work even when the screen is off! How do I force 100% awake time, because i have serious problems with the alarm not working because the phone insists on sleeping all the time, grr! And how much battery does it cost to have 100% awake time, instead of, say, 10%?

Since this thread last had any activity, we have created the Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum. I will move it there for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones