• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My accelerometer is broken! WTF?!

It...just doesn't work, out of nowhere, at all on the phone. Pffffsshhhhh....this stinks.
Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a known solution? Thank you, I'm hoping i can fix this.

I seriously doubt you can fix it. Have you tried resetting the phone? Failing that i would take it back where you got it from and get them to repair it. Sorry about your problem. Mine has been away over 2 weeks to have my Antenna fixed because i had poor signal.

Upvote 0
My Accelerometer stopped working about a week ago. I just got it fixed this morning. I did a factory reset. Turn phone off, Hold down the Home Button and turn the phone back on. When you get the triangle with !, then open the keyboard and hit Alt-L, then Alt-W to wipe and reset. When the message saying phone is reset, hit the Home+Back buttons. YOU WILL NEED TO REINSTALL ALL APPS AND RESYNC ALL DATA AFTER DOING THIS!!! But it fixed my accelerometer issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones